Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock gen 3 Optic milling?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sdonabo
    Member
    • Dec 2017
    • 121

    Glock gen 3 Optic milling?

    Hi I live in Riverside county, does anyone know of a good gun shop that does red dot slide milling?

    Thanks Steven
  • #2
    PeteH
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2021
    • 84

    ShootSoCal in Fullerton is where I went. Very satisfied with their work. It's not too far from you.

    Comment

    • #3
      9Cal_OC
      Calguns Addict
      • Apr 2019
      • 6703

      Originally posted by PeteH
      ShootSoCal in Fullerton is where I went. Very satisfied with their work. It's not too far from you.
      Pics?

      What cut did you get?
      Freedom isn't free...

      sigpic

      iTrader

      Comment

      • #4
        Sdonabo
        Member
        • Dec 2017
        • 121

        Originally posted by PeteH
        ShootSoCal in Fullerton is where I went. Very satisfied with their work. It's not too far from you.

        Thanks will give them a call tomorrow for more info.

        Comment

        • #5
          Sdonabo
          Member
          • Dec 2017
          • 121

          Has anyone used 2azone?

          Comment

          • #6
            sigstroker
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 19859

            You could also just buy a PSA Dagger slide that's optic ready.

            Comment

            • #7
              robledor
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2015
              • 791

              Or angel city armory

              Comment

              • #8
                joefrank64k
                @ the Dark End of the Bar
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 10124

                I used CH Precision for my G27 and would use them again, no question.

                Slide Model Notice: All Models and Generations EXCEPT MOS models, G17L, G41*, G44, and G42/G43(x)/G48 (see below). *G17L slides with a deep weight reduction cut on the bottom of the slide cannot be milled for any optic. *The G41 cannot be milled for any optics that are attached by screwing into the slide due to the weight reduction cut on the bottom of the slide. We can mill these slides for side clamping optics such as the CHPWS Duty, Aimpoint Acro, or Holosun 509t. **The pictures of each modification are an example of what only choosing that modification will look like on the slide. Modifications performed may not look exactly as depicted depending on your slide model and the combination of serrations, windows, and/or pockets you chose.


                For a Gen3 G19 or G17, I'd either get the Brownells or PSA Dagger slide.
                You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                Come on...what harm??

                joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jimi Jah
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 19226

                  Gunfighter Tactical in SD does it on their huge CNC machine. They did my Shield slide while I waited. Cost was $175. It is precision work done right.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    vinny_land
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 3374

                    Alpha Shooting Sports in Anaheim


                    Very happy with how my G19 turned out - would go back.
                    "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RMCummins
                      Member
                      • Nov 2020
                      • 263

                      Originally posted by vinny_land
                      Alpha Shooting Sports in Anaheim


                      Very happy with how my G19 turned out - would go back.
                      ditto

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        vinny_land
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 3374

                        Originally posted by vinny_land
                        Alpha Shooting Sports in Anaheim


                        Very happy with how my G19 turned out - would go back.



                        Found some pics of the slide after they did the work...opted for the all black cerakote. If I would do it again, I might keep the milled out section in the raw and just put cold blue on the exposed parts. I like the factory finish and felt bad not wearing it out. Then once it needs refinishing send it out for hard chrome.
                        "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bigboyshooter
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 812



                          Moreno Valley

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Pokerfish
                            Junior Member
                            • May 2018
                            • 12

                            dpp plates

                            i bought some dpp plates online and put that on my 17 gen 3 mounted a holosun. works good

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sdonabo
                              Member
                              • Dec 2017
                              • 121

                              Originally posted by bigboyshooter
                              I actually live in Moreno Valley. Does he take walk ins?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1