Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is your least reliable gun?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    xx91x
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 671

    ar-15 with the .22 drop in conversion bolt.

    Comment

    • #17
      cannon
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2008
      • 8589

      A Hesse clone of the MP5 semi auto only.

      On a good day it would actually fire two rounds in a row. Usually it just Failed to extract or the mags would fall out.

      Kept it for years because I didn't have the heart to sell it to some unsuspecting person. Finally somebody insisted on buying it even after I let them shoot it and it FTE'd and the mags kept falling out.
      ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

      Comment

      • #18
        CAL.BAR
        CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
        • Nov 2007
        • 5632

        Originally posted by Vacaville
        I don't have any guns that aren't reliable.
        Exactly! +1 for you there. I wouldn't keep/buy a gun that didn't run 100%
        Having said that, my least reliable (99.9%er) is my Vector 94 (.40 cal HK MP5 clone) It will FTE if I actually put 10 rds in the 10 rd mag. - probably a pinned mag problem which I can't resolve unless I take it out of state.

        Comment

        • #19
          Jonathan Doe

          All my guns go bang when I need it. But then, having been through many factory armorer schools and gunsmithing schools help to make my guns reliable.

          Comment

          • #20
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            I'm not sure if I'm going to answer this right. Well, here it goes, mine is a Tec22. But, it is very reliable. The top pops off after every shot.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #21
              Jak1
              Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 139

              Smith and Wesson 22A. Bought it brand new and every time I shoot it it falls apart. I keep piecing it back together and would sell it but it is very accurate. One of these days I'll get all the bugs worked out.

              Comment

              • #22
                Dirtbiker
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 2810

                I'll probably get cursed for this but mine is a stainless Ruger 10/22. It has at least 1-2 fte per mag.
                To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

                Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #23
                  M47_Dragon
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 1263

                  Originally posted by Jak1
                  Smith and Wesson 22A.
                  +1.

                  Mine doesn't fall apart, but it is (was) finicky.

                  Last time I shot it, something broke. Firing pin won't drop. I have to take it apart and investigate, but I keep forgetting to do it.
                  Originally posted by bigbob76
                  I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Jak1
                    Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 139

                    The mag safety on the 22A is crap. If you remove the grips and take out the safety, it should work again. Mine did the same thing.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      hellraiser
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 2347

                      Originally posted by blackberg
                      Glock 17 with the AA 22lr conversion, only because it is so picky on the ammo.
                      But its only like that on the range,


                      -bb
                      me too.... if i keep it well lubed and use cci minimags it runs 100%...
                      but any other ammo gives me problems....
                      I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        andrewj
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 2589

                        Lots of 22lr. Big surprise.
                        Dear California,
                        I love you. I was born and raised in you. You have given me some of the best times of my life. Now with that said, I can not wait to move!
                        Your prisoner,
                        Andrew J.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          hottoysonwheels
                          Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 162

                          I had a Llama 1911 style in 45 ACP a few years back that was a POS. The firing pin and the slide stop broke. Sold it shorly after. I also had the first generation of the Ruger P85 that had a very inconsistent shot groups. Sold that too. I am now in STI, Springfield and Glock heaven.
                          Last edited by hottoysonwheels; 07-27-2009, 4:50 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            THT
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 5140

                            10/22 but it's probably ammo related.
                            Ty | 815.246.AR15 (2715) | info@midwestpx.com

                            sigpic

                            Magpul | Mega Arms | LMT | Hiperfire | ODIN Works | Multitasker
                            Spike's Tactical | Fortis | Centurion Arms | Limited Capacity PMAGs

                            FREE SHIPPING ON $150+ ORDERS!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Scratch705
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 12537

                              Originally posted by Dirtbiker
                              I'll probably get cursed for this but mine is a stainless Ruger 10/22. It has at least 1-2 fte per mag.
                              a lot of people over in the ruger forums say that the extractor is to blame for a lot of the FTE problems the 10/22 has. The factory extractor is actually misshaped slightly. get an aftermarket extractor and it should solve the FTE problem.

                              unless you do already have an aftermarket extractor... then i dunno?
                              Originally posted by leelaw
                              Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                              Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                              Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                              Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                              Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                phish
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 3089

                                Not a gun per se, but one of my High Standards will only feed reliably with a certain magazine.

                                yeah, I'm too lazy to tweak the others, I don't do mag dumps with that particular pistol anyway

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1