Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Broken thumb/4473

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blue
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 8072

    Broken thumb/4473

    Got the day off, got a hankerin to stop in at some fun shops today and maybe spend some money. Problem is I?m in a cast up to my elbow with my thumb wrapped up after splattering it with a sledgehammer. Can I still start a DROS or do I need to wait until my cast is off? I have 18 days left in my cast, I know I need a thumbprint on pickup but can?t remember if you do that when you start DROS.
    Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
    Let my aim be true and my hand faster
    than those who would seek to destroy me.
    Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
    Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
    And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
    sigpic
    NRA Member
  • #2
    newbutold
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2017
    • 1952

    The gun shops will know, have fun.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Robert J. Hanlon

    No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

    The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21

    Comment

    • #3
      pohorsky
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2016
      • 836

      Can't you use your other thumb?

      Comment

      • #4
        Squidward
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 1779

        Right hand thumb print happens after the background check (the 10 day wait) is approved but no earlier than the exact date/time listed on the DROS by DOJ for delivery.

        You must pickup the firearm within 30 days of the submission of the DROS or the dealer must cancel the sale. This meaning you have 20 days after the exact date/time listed on the DROS submission (the start date/time) if you are approved to take delivery.
        Last edited by Squidward; 03-10-2023, 9:15 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Barang
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2013
          • 13431

          if you find something you like, you can put a down payment and come back later to finish the purchase.

          Comment

          • #6
            ASD1
            1/2 BANNED
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2012
            • 1793

            The FFL will have you use your LEFT thumb.

            An they just make a note next to it "LEFT"
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              strakill
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 1484

              Did you lose your other hand?

              Dip the tip in the ink and leave them a mushroom print.
              Originally posted by superhondaz50
              I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
              Originally posted by beerman
              ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

              Comment

              • #8
                Epaphroditus
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2013
                • 4888

                Pity the amputees!
                CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

                Comment

                • #9
                  Quiet
                  retired Goon
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 30242

                  Originally posted by ASD1
                  The FFL will have you use your LEFT thumb.

                  An they just make a note next to it "LEFT"
                  What he said.
                  sigpic

                  "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hambam105
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 7083

                    Maybe give them a johnson print on the 4473.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      L84CABO
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 8779

                      Um...dude...if you can't operate a sledge hammer...are you sure you should have guns?



                      I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. I hope your thumb heels quick. Busted mine before and the cast is no fun.
                      "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                      Fighter Pilot

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1