Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Limited PPT transfer "days and times"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • c20rj
    Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 214

    Limited PPT transfer "days and times"

    Fellow Calgunners, today I went to my local shop, "The Stockade" in westminster to do a PPT transfer from a good friend of mine, a store that I frequent a couple times a month, and purchase from on a regular basis. I cleared the weapon with the front register, and proceeded to the counter to ask for a PPT. When the guy behind the counter asked how could he help. I responded I needed to do a ppt. He then told me that it was a quarter past five, and store policy was no ppt's after 4pm. I responded o.k I guess I will be back tommorow, to which he responded, "we dont do ppt's on the weekends either" Now I know that dealers a required to do ppt's, and usally they dont like doing them, but what is the actual rule? Are they only required to do them on their own schedule, or is there actual time frames rules that they have to follow?
  • #2
    Scratch705
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 12537

    thats stupid.... they just didn't want to do it and was trying to get you to go elsewhere for it.
    Originally posted by leelaw
    Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
    Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
    Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
    Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
    Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

    Comment

    • #3
      randy
      In Memoriam
      • Nov 2006
      • 4642

      I know gun stores that limit their hours on ppt's. First hour after opening and last hour before closing they don't do ppt's.
      I move slow but I make up for it by shooting poorly.

      When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

      Comment

      • #4
        c20rj
        Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 214

        Any word on the written law? I have purchased quite a few new guns from these people, but have never done a PPT with them. Almost all the PPT's I have done have been on the weekend, because of conflicting schedules with buyer/seller. No weekend PPT's at Fowler's/Stockade sucks!

        Comment

        • #5
          MiguelS
          Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 486

          Reeds up here has a similar policy, certain days and times.

          Nothing in the law that says they cant limit the time they do it.
          Sig P220-BSS .45ACP, Sig P226-BSS .40cal(refinished), Sig P6 9mm (refinished)

          Comment

          • #6
            Sick Boy
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 1100

            Being new to firearms in California and this forum, could you guys please explain why dealers are so against PPTs??

            I don't really understand it and it seems every few threads in this section of the forum are all about the bad experience someone had with a PPT. Thanks!
            XBL GT: Mmmmm Bacons

            "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC

            Comment

            • #7
              forgiven
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2008
              • 5214

              Originally posted by Sick Boy
              Being new to firearms in California and this forum, could you guys please explain why dealers are so against PPTs??

              I don't really understand it and it seems every few threads in this section of the forum are all about the bad experience someone had with a PPT. Thanks!
              It cuts into new gun sales. Welcome to the site, enjoy.

              Comment

              • #8
                Sick Boy
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 1100

                Originally posted by forgiven
                It cuts into new gun sales. Welcome to the site, enjoy.
                Ah, thank you. And thanks for the welcome.

                I'd think that if they were pleasant to you doing a PPT, you'd probably come back for repeat business at another time.

                But I guess that's just my sensible thinking getting in the way of reality again. Stupid!
                XBL GT: Mmmmm Bacons

                "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC

                Comment

                • #9
                  Deal
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7562

                  Same thing with Fowlers in OC.

                  Don't even think about a PPT there on the weekends or in the first hour of business.

                  Several indoor gun ranges have the first hour policy since they are flooded with folks trying to get a lane. Understandable.
                  sigpic
                  "I am the NRA"
                  "I am Officer Brian Terry"

                  "I am Ambassador Chris Stevens"
                  "I am Kate Steinle"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jmarti2913
                    Member
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 360

                    Originally posted by Sick Boy
                    Being new to firearms in California and this forum, could you guys please explain why dealers are so against PPTs??

                    I don't really understand it and it seems every few threads in this section of the forum are all about the bad experience someone had with a PPT. Thanks!
                    I don't understand either. It's free advertising/networking and you make a few bucks in the process. The concept is fairly simple: every gun shop I've ppt'd at and had a pleasant and friendly experience I've come back to that very shop to purchase new accessories or firearms. On the other hand, every shop I've had a negative experience has not received any of my future business, and beyond that, I've recommended to others that they stay away from said shop. To any shop owners reading this, be nice to your ppt's and I guarantee you'll see familiar faces when they return to deliver some profitable business.

                    To the OP, in the future hit up the guys at OC Armory...they're very accommodating. I've done a lot of transfers there and the owners couldn't be more helpful.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      berto
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 7723

                      Originally posted by Sick Boy
                      Being new to firearms in California and this forum, could you guys please explain why dealers are so against PPTs??

                      I don't really understand it and it seems every few threads in this section of the forum are all about the bad experience someone had with a PPT. Thanks!
                      I'm not a dealer so I'm just guessing.

                      It takes time away from hanging with their buddies or scratching themselves.

                      They get only $10 for filling out a few forms. True they may have to stay late and it is one more opportunity for a screw up that could cost them, but it's also part of the job and something they should be competent at.

                      It might cost them a sale and the profit that goes with it. In their eyes a PPT for say a newish Glock 19 takes away the sale of the new Glock 19 they have in their case. Reality is maybe, maybe not.
                      "There are no outdoor sports as graceful as throwing stones at a dictatorship." Ai WeiWei

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sick Boy
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 1100

                        Ok, thanks guys!

                        Yeah, I guess I could see it taking money away from them, but gaining a new customer that has a pleasant experience in your shop is just common sense.

                        That comes from working dealing with people in all the different service industries I've worked in. Word of mouth works, for bad or for good.
                        XBL GT: Mmmmm Bacons

                        "Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1