Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Brevard Sheriff SROs to Carry KelTec Sub 2000s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Doheny
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2008
    • 13820

    Brevard Sheriff SROs to Carry KelTec Sub 2000s

    Did a quick search and didn't see this...

    ETA: fast forward to 1:30 if you want to save a bit of time.

    Last edited by Doheny; 08-10-2022, 9:27 PM.
    Sent from Free America
  • #2
    golfish
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Mar 2013
    • 10127

    I'm not familiar with the KelTec Sub.

    A 9mm/.40 sounds like a good choice for the job. What do you think OP?

    Oh yeah! Got to love Presscott. Wish I could convince the wife to leave early
    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

    MLC, First 3

    Comment

    • #3
      naz
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2020
      • 3108

      Haven’t studies shown 223 penetrates less than 9mm? I’m a bit surprised they don’t just use Sbr length AR with a can

      Comment

      • #4
        XDJYo
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2012
        • 7121

        Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
        Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
        Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
        M&P 15 (Mine)

        Comment

        • #5
          homelessdude
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2013
          • 2143

          Oh No, Lungs will be blown completely out of people . The potato said so.

          Comment

          • #6
            Scotty
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 2065

            $400, 4 lbs, compact, can take the same mags are their duty pistol. Better than nothing

            Comment

            • #7
              12pewpew
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2019
              • 1338

              I'm a fan of Keltec but realize they can be very hit or miss. I can say that my sub2k is by the far the most reliable Keltec I've ever owned. This is even dating back to the Grendel days. It's surprisingly accurate as well.

              Comment

              • #8
                k1dude
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 15987

                Originally posted by Scotty
                $400, 4 lbs, compact, can take the same mags are their duty pistol. Better than nothing
                ^This^

                Do I think there are better choices? Perhaps. But I have no problem with what they chose. The only thing is they need to make sure every single one of those Sub2000's are 100% reliable by training with them a bunch.
                "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                Comment

                • #9
                  jimmykan
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3103

                  Kel-Tec Sub 2000?


                  Or Hi Point Carbine?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    elSquid
                    In Memoriam
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 11844

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Scotty
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 2065

                      So maybe they should go over to Knights and pick up a belt fed. 😂

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FNGGlock
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2020
                        • 1289

                        A foldable PCC makes a lot of sense for this application, more compact to carry on the body. Also a PCC can reach out much further accurately than a handgun, the energy on target doesn't go up significantly compared to 9/40 duty handguns. And with HP ammo the bit of extra velocity tend to increase expansion at the expense of penetration, which is probably a good thing.

                        No idea how good the Keltecs are though, but I can see why the packaging appeals for the purpose. An AR with can get much larger and bulkier to carry on the body, though an AK with a foldable stock may work

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          L84CABO
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 8779

                          Given that they want the SRO to have a rifle-ish weapon on them at all times, I suspect weight was of paramount concern to them...and a higher priority than caliber...which is probably why they went with the Keltec.
                          "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                          Fighter Pilot

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1