Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Armed Security Guards in my area. Used to be NONE.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • VRWC
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 88

    Armed Security Guards in my area. Used to be NONE.

    While out and about shopping, I've often commented on Security Guards at local businesses not being armed. This week is the first time in years I have seen an armed guard at a local business. Not naming the business. I do not wish to draw attention to the place even though it might increase their business.

    I greeted the guard and said, "Hope your having a nice, quiet day." Guard responded, "Same to you. I hope we all are."

    I declined to ask, "Is yours the bastard caliber 9mm like mine or a .45, 40 S&W, 10mm?"

    Something has "changed". I notice guards at places I go to. Always unarmed "Mall Cops". Until this week.
  • #2
    -hanko
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 14174

    Originally posted by VRWC
    While out and about shopping, I've often commented on Security Guards at local businesses not being armed. This week is the first time in years I have seen an armed guard at a local business. Not naming the business.

    I do not wish to draw attention to the place even though it might increase their business.
    Then why even post?
    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

    Comment

    • #3
      hermosabeach
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19848

      [IMG][/IMG]
      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

      Comment

      • #4
        9Cal_OC
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2019
        • 6704

        What kind of business was it? Supermarket vs a restaurant is telling of the times
        Freedom isn't free...

        sigpic

        iTrader

        Comment

        • #5
          XDJYo
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2012
          • 7119

          Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
          Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
          Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
          M&P 15 (Mine)

          Comment

          • #6
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            Go to Oakland there is armed security everywhere, even the auto zone had one and its been that way for a while. Saw a dude working armed security with a Glock handgun on his belt as well as six 33 round mags!!! He had a string wrapped around them all to keep them upright. I am not kidding, I should have taken a pic, kick myself for not doing it.
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #7
              sigstroker
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2009
              • 19903

              I used to work in Emeryville, kind of Oakland Lite. The first time I went out for lunch, it was an eye-opening experience.

              Comment

              • #8
                hermosabeach
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19848

                At banks, security is prohibited from shooting.

                It's window dressing.

                The bank can't lose much being robbed

                Employees all have workers comp and bank provided life insurance.
                Money is FDIC / federally covered.

                Unless bank increases liability- say an armed guard escalated a simply robbery into a gun fight or

                Guard shoots to slide lock and hits 2-3 customers

                If this happened, they can and will lose MILLIONS.... Armed guards are a liability... Guards shooting is horrific...

                Sad to say - tellers and customers can get shot and the bank does not lose anything...
                Bank loses money AKA the movie HEAT - they don't really lose anything...


                So guards at banks is theater.
                Last edited by hermosabeach; 07-28-2022, 2:19 PM.
                Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                Comment

                • #9
                  RandyD
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 6673

                  I have observed the same situation. My thought is the uniformed guard gives some customers a degree of assurance that they are safe when doing transactions at this branch. Anyone with knowledge of basic tactics and firearm usage knows that the uniformed cop's most useful function is to open doors and make coffee (just as you have concluded).
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ProRoad
                    Member
                    • Apr 2022
                    • 350

                    I will tell this all to my wife who has PTSD from 2 armed bank robberies, maybe it will make her feel better. In both cases She was the initial point of contact. Men in masks screaming at you while guns in your face. Banks did nothing to help her.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tarmy
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 4397

                      Meanwhile, at Lowes last week two different guys walked past the checkout line with full baskets right out the door. I asked the clerk if they were stealing stuff, clerk says yeah, in fact one of the two guys comes in every Sunday and stocks up on plumbing supplies for the next week…

                      Sure enough ahole is double parked in front loading up “Pedro’s Plumbing” truck…

                      I hate thieves. No way any guard does any good, armed or not, in this craphole state.
                      Wilson Protector .45, Springer 9mm Loaded, Franchi Instinct SL .12ga. and some other cool stuff for the kiddos...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DGoodale
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1217

                        Security guards, for the most part, are just paid witnesses and are not there to intervene. Mantra of security "observe and report".

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PogoJack
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 2167

                          The last time I visited California sometime around April or May, I went to the Firing Line in Burbank. On their bulletin board were ad after ad requesting people to apply to armed security jobs. I swear this country is becoming more and more like Brazil every single day.
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            baih777
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 5680

                            Originally posted by hermosabeach
                            At banks, security is prohibited from shooting.

                            It's window dressing.

                            The bank can't lose much being robbed

                            Employees all have workers comp and bank provided life insurance.
                            Money is FDIC / federally covered.

                            Unless bank increases liability- say an armed guard escalated a simply robbery into a gun fight or

                            Guard shoots to slide lock and hits 2-3 customers

                            F
                            So guards at banks is theater.
                            B of A in Gardena has armed guard. Thats why i use the ATM there.
                            Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                            I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                            I'm Back.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              naz
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2020
                              • 3108

                              Originally posted by PogoJack
                              . I swear this country is becoming more and more like Brazil every single day.
                              You mean good looking ladies will be walking around in swimwear more often? Sounds like a win to me

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1