Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DROS Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TravDew
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyHawk
    A transfer is not required to start a 30 day clock. Simply applying to purchase a gun starts the clock.





    Plenty of people find this out the hard way every month.
    Great to know! Thank you for the info!

    Leave a comment:


  • SkyHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by dmcag69
    Don't have to wait 30 days, just cancel dros, pay fees, redo

    Come back undetermined doesn't affect 30 days, no firearm was transferred to you in the first place.
    A transfer is not required to start a 30 day clock. Simply applying to purchase a gun starts the clock.



    27535.
    (a) A person shall not make an application to purchase more than one handgun or semiautomatic centerfire rifle within any 30-day period. This subdivision does not authorize a person to make an application to purchase both a handgun and semiautomatic centerfire rifle within the same 30-day period.
    Plenty of people find this out the hard way every month.

    Leave a comment:


  • dmcag69
    replied
    Don't have to wait 30 days, just cancel dros, pay fees, redo

    Come back undetermined doesn't affect 30 days, no firearm was transferred to you in the first place.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Re submit DROS

    Can I just resubmit the DROS for the same firearm does anyone know? Wait the 30 days. Come back undetermined, and just resubmit?

    Leave a comment:


  • dmcag69
    replied
    Like my dealer said, an undetermined is not on you, it's California DOJ playing politics being *****holes
    You can purchase still and be approved like nothing happened on another transaction.

    I think it's just random, for their DOJ quotes, we denied these people a gun quotas

    Any dealer charging a restocking fee is a d!CK, should charge the state honestly for their hold up when you have done nothing wrong.
    You should get a full refund like I did.

    My dealer wanted to release but DOJ told him he better have a good lawyer.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    1. No, the FFL has the option to release or not
    ^^^ IS THAT YOU KAMALA? ^^^


    (I could be wrong and they could be supposed to release)
    ^^^ NOW YA GOT IT ^^^

    Leave a comment:


  • Russian Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by TravDew
    From what I've read it seems that a delay leads to an undetermined status.. the FFL I purchased from does not release to and undetermined status. Questions are:

    1) Does an undetermined DROS result ever get resolved?
    2) Does an undetermined DROS prohibit from my purchasing in the future and if so for how long?
    3) Has anyone had a delay to approved status?

    Thanks all!
    1. No, the FFL has the option to release or not (I could be wrong and they could be supposed to release)
    2. No, and many FFLs who do not release on undetermined will actually have you re DROS because they kinda have you over a barrel. The ones I've talked to that do not release on undetermined also have a restocking fee if you don't end up taking the gun.
    3. I'm sure it happens, but my experience is 30 days then undetermined.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Originally posted by pacrat
    [1] ... No ... once status goes to "undetermined" at end of delayed status. DOJ washes their hands.

    [2] ... NO ... Undetermined is actually an approval.

    [3] ... Yes, at the DOJ's discretion. Occasionally A transfer will be delayed, then change to approved. During the extra 20 day wait imposed.
    Pacrat,

    Much appreciated. Ill just shut up and wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally posted by TravDew
    From what I've read it seems that a delay leads to an undetermined status.. the FFL I purchased from does not release to and undetermined status. Questions are:

    1) Does an undetermined DROS result ever get resolved?
    2) Does an undetermined DROS prohibit from my purchasing in the future and if so for how long?
    3) Has anyone had a delay to approved status?

    Thanks all!
    [1] ... No ... once status goes to "undetermined" at end of delayed status. DOJ washes their hands.

    [2] ... NO ... Undetermined is actually an approval.

    [3] ... Yes, at the DOJ's discretion. Occasionally A transfer will be delayed, then change to approved. During the extra 20 day wait imposed.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally posted by TravDew
    Yea I’m not sure what’s going on. The guys at the shop seems at a loss for reasons as I was. Disappointing Ammo Depot in Sacramento does not release on an “undetermined” status. I called the DOJ. The lady I spoke to was as helpful as you can imagine. She did say they are “clearing these up in 10-15” days. New firearm, well over 60 days since last purchase, CCW holder. I’m not sure what more they want.
    Even active duty Law Enforcement Officers get DELAYED and UNDETERMINED. Having a CCW counts for nothing, as far as the incompetent DOJ employees are concerned.

    As to the bolded ..................... lesson learned. NEVER, EVER, DO BUSINESS WITH AN FFL THAT PULLS THAT CRAP.

    ASK FIRST, if answer is, "No". WALK OUT, after telling them how F'd they are.

    Read Ca PC-28220 .......... specifically sections (A) and (4). Dealing with approved and undetermined. Both are DOJ APPROVALS. The only difference is the 10 days or 30 days timeline.

    approved at end of 10-24 hour periods hold.
    (A) If the purchaser is not a person described in subdivision (a) of Section 27535, and is not prohibited by state or federal law, including, but not limited to, Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a firearm, the department shall immediately notify the dealer of that fact and the dealer may then immediately transfer the firearm to the purchaser, upon the dealer’s recording on the register or record of electronic transfer the date that the firearm is transferred, the dealer signing the register or record of electronic transfer indicating delivery of the firearm to that purchaser, and the purchaser signing the register or record of electronic transfer acknowledging the receipt of the firearm on the date that the firearm is delivered to him or her.
    approval at end of 30 day delayed status.
    (4) If the department is unable to ascertain the final disposition of the arrest or criminal charge, or the outcome of the mental health treatment or evaluation, or the purchaser’s eligibility to purchase a firearm, as described in paragraph (1), within 30 days of the dealer’s original submission of purchaser information to the department pursuant to this section, the department shall immediately notify the dealer and the dealer may then immediately transfer the firearm to the purchaser, upon the dealer’s recording on the register or record of electronic transfer the date that the firearm is transferred, the dealer signing the register or record of electronic transfer indicating delivery of the firearm to that purchaser, and the purchaser signing the register or record of electronic transfer acknowledging the receipt of the firearm on the date that the firearm is delivered to him or her.
    ^^^ NOTE EXACT SAME WORDING IN BOTH .......... AUTHORIZING IMMEDIATE TRANSFER TO PURCHASER ^^^

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Last Questions I will ask

    From what I've read it seems that a delay leads to an undetermined status.. the FFL I purchased from does not release to and undetermined status. Questions are:

    1) Does an undetermined DROS result ever get resolved?
    2) Does an undetermined DROS prohibit from my purchasing in the future and if so for how long?
    3) Has anyone had a delay to approved status?

    Thanks all!

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    I had a similar issue. On day 30 I went in to pick it up and they would not release even with a release letter, WHY? Because, the letter didn't have a RELEASE NUMBER.

    I think they are doing this on purpose.

    I insisted they call the DOJ and get the number. They did and after an hour wait had my gun released to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Originally posted by dmcag69
    Dealer called DOJ I meant
    Got it, thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyHawk
    In CA, putting your SSN on the form does nothing. It is not part of the DROS, it never gets transmitted to DOJ, and DOJ will never ask the dealer for it to clear up any question.

    The only thing that putting your SSN down does, is increase the chances it is leaked or stolen from the dealer in the future.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1