Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DROS Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tintguy
    replied
    Bought 3 firearms since the beginning of the year without delay. On my fourth one and it's delayed. The last time this happened was at the start of the pandemic I had a 17 day delay. This is some BS! I'm hoping one of the organizations I pay money to is suing them for this.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Still delayed and can still pass a background check for ammo. letter from DOJ is going to be delivered today according to the scan from the post office

    Leave a comment:


  • Preston-CLB
    replied
    Originally posted by Preston-CLB
    I have a pick up on March 7. I have had no issues with other gun purchases, but we'll see.
    -P
    I came, I saw. Picked up my new CZ this morning! No issues.

    Yay!

    Sweet gun, by the way.
    -P

    Leave a comment:


  • Dan_Eastvale
    replied
    If more and more FFLs start to chicken out releasing undetermined, DOJ could start delaying everyone.
    Instant 100% gun control.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Still delayed another 2 hour wait time with DOJ to tell me nothing but if I am still delayed by day 30 and then it goes to a undetermined. To go get a livescan and if that ones back good to call them so they can look into it but it could take some time. I asked how much time. She said she didn’t know.

    Leave a comment:


  • Preston-CLB
    replied
    I have a pick up on March 7. I have had no issues with other gun purchases, but we'll see.
    -P

    Leave a comment:


  • theLBC
    replied
    luckily i had no issues picking up today. \o/

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    In My delay, the FFL HAD the Release Letter but no NUMBER. I waited there on the 30th day for an extra hour for them to get a number and release the firearm. A 2 hr. process on pickup.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deelayed
    replied
    Originally posted by TravDew
    Hey all,

    Today was graduation day! After 15 days, many calls to the DOJ, finding out many as did my FFL do not release upon an undetermined (Sacramento area), and just accepting what is... the firearm was released to me this morning. I've heard this is a rare case of getting an "approval after delay" so sounds like luck was on my side. But for those that asked for the end result, its a win for the little guy!
    Congrats ! Mark it on the calendar and celebrate annually.

    Leave a comment:


  • TravDew
    replied
    Hey all,

    Today was graduation day! After 15 days, many calls to the DOJ, finding out many as did my FFL do not release upon an undetermined (Sacramento area), and just accepting what is... the firearm was released to me this morning. I've heard this is a rare case of getting an "approval after delay" so sounds like luck was on my side. But for those that asked for the end result, its a win for the little guy!

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Called DOJ and was told the Delay could be because there’s a spike in background checks right now. I also did a ammo background check today and was approved. So I picked some up. I didn’t know what’s up.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Dro on the 2/16 and FFL called saying I am delayed. Pissed off as I have another gun at the shop right now to dro also.
    ( no warrants / no 1 & 30 / no tickets / nothing criminal / no missed jury duty )

    Leave a comment:


  • johnparjr
    replied
    Did a Dros on 2/6 and picked up today no issues

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally posted by dmcag69

    My dealer wanted to release but DOJ told him he better have a good lawyer.
    And you believed them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Deelayed
    replied
    Originally posted by TravDew
    From what I've read it seems that a delay leads to an undetermined status.. the FFL I purchased from does not release to and undetermined status. Questions are:

    1) Does an undetermined DROS result ever get resolved?
    2) Does an undetermined DROS prohibit from my purchasing in the future and if so for how long?
    3) Has anyone had a delay to approved status?

    Thanks all!
    My past two purchases about a year apart one was a rifle in store the other was a side arm through gun broker . Both went 30 + days to undetermined . Thank goodness my shop releases on undetermined. I have noticed an uptick on this trend . It moved me so much I legally changed my name to Deelayed as an experiment to see if some reverse psychology through reverse osmosis could have an effect on efficiency of the system that my 100 pennies per ammo purchase + dros fees was/ is supposed to be used to update and modernize to prevent unnecessary obstacles that hinder my right .. but as far as my experience with the process goes , I just automatically assume and prepare myself for 30 days + how ever long it takes for the shop to inquire about the release number . Because the DOJ doesnt "notify the dealer immediately ".
    Last edited by Deelayed; 02-17-2022, 9:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1