Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DROS Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deelayed
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gleam
    Just search 'All Threads' for the words "undetermined" or "delay".

    Hope your hard-drive doesn't melt in the process.

    ----
    Seriously he needs to back up his hard drive and grab a cold beverage . And he needs to be prepared to laugh a little and cry a little , he will be a stronger person afterwards .

    Leave a comment:


  • twowheelz805
    replied
    Agreed!!

    I'm in fear of going on a second delay myself on a PPT. I have a CCW (that recently renewed for a 5th time) and a COE. And am a retired from the marine Corp. During this delay, I purchased a new firearm from my Local gun store and a case of 556 for range instruction. No issues at all.

    This makes no sense. I have another house out of state (constitutional carry state) and at this point, it would've been easier to purchase this firearm there.

    Leave a comment:


  • kcstott
    replied
    Originally posted by MCubeiro
    In general, everytime I see someone get delayed its due to an arrest or other contact with law enforcement that is reflected on the person's RAP sheet but also lacks any disposition. Meaning there is no subsequent entry to state what happened as a result of that contact. I have yet to come across someone who is truly prohibited, however.

    We offer free consultations for individuals who get a delay status which includes me reviewing their entire RAP to see what the problem is and what options there are to correct it. But I cannot help without actually seeing the person's RAP. And in cases where the issue is an out of state contact I would also need to see the person's federal RAP sheet. Both are what DOJ looks at when running background checks in addition to other databases.

    You can contact our office at helpdesk@michellawyers.com for info on how to obtain your RAP sheets.

    Bottom line, people placed on delay that want to get the issue fixed need to contact an attorney directly to see what the problem may be and how to fix it. And did I mention we generally do that for free? Thats thanks in large part to CRPA.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
    Yes, that bad, several new threads a week get started on the subject. Or it seems so anyway. Due to frequency.
    Originally posted by Librarian
    I've begun to merge these DROS delay threads; easier to see the magnitude if it's all in one place.
    Originally posted by The Gleam
    Instead of merging them, you may need a separate forum for them. Merging them may seem to imply it's a singular inquiry/single incident.

    I say kill the COVID forum; start a "Delay / Undetermined" forum for real exhibition in scope of the problem. Putting all the threads in one area would really show the growing impact and frequency.

    ---
    LIBRARIAN,

    FWIW; ^^^ I concur in part ^^^

    I like all the funny MeMe's or whatever they are called in the Rona forum. And it serves a purpose, if only to vent against Gubermint.

    The underlined IMHO makes perfect sense. With a designated "Delay / Undetermined" forum. To consolidate postings concerning this rapidly increasing problem We as CRPA members could point to as a needed focus of the org.

    Even the response by Matthew Cubeiro of Michel Assoc/CRPA shows the lack of acknowledgement that this is an issue for ALL Gun Buyers of late.

    Hey, JM2c

    ETA .... While still on my soapbox.

    ALL CG MEMBERS READING THIS. IF NOT ALREADY, NEED TO GET OUT OF THE 2A WELFARE LINE AND JOIN CRPA.

    THEY ARE YOUR ONLY HOPE OF KEEPING YOUR 2A RIGHTS.
    Last edited by pacrat; 06-07-2022, 6:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 559BearDown
    replied
    Originally posted by benjamin101677
    Jim's trading post formerly Uncle Sam's will release undetermined after 30 days.

    I quit dealing with Breco Firearms during the pandemic when they would only do private party transfer by appointment and appointments were only being made months out. Not a very good shop and not very good prices on guns.
    Thanks for the heads up 👍

    Leave a comment:


  • smokycuh
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gleam
    Instead of merging them, you may need a separate forum for them. Merging them may seem to imply it's a singular inquiry/single incident.

    I say kill the COVID forum; start a "Delay / Undetermined" forum for real exhibition in scope of the problem. Putting all the threads id one area would really show the growing impact and frequency.

    ---

    [emoji106][emoji106]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • The Gleam
    replied
    Originally posted by Librarian
    I've begun to merge these DROS delay threads; easier to see the magnitude if it's all in one place.
    Instead of merging them, you may need a separate forum for them. Merging them may seem to imply it's a singular inquiry/single incident.

    I say kill the COVID forum; start a "Delay / Undetermined" forum for real exhibition in scope of the problem. Putting all the threads in one area would really show the growing impact and frequency.

    ---
    Last edited by The Gleam; 06-06-2022, 3:50 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Librarian
    replied
    Originally posted by pacrat
    Yes, that bad, several new threads a week get started on the subject. Or it seems so anyway. Due to frequency.
    I've begun to merge these DROS delay threads; easier to see the magnitude if it's all in one place.

    Leave a comment:


  • smokycuh
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrelnuts
    Dont be a victim...
    Find a FFL/Shop that releases on Undetermined.

    Leave a comment:


  • twowheelz805
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrelnuts
    Dont be a victim...
    Find a FFL/Shop that releases on Undetermined.
    Good to know. Unfortunately I didn't have choice on FFL for the PPT I'm currently delayed on.

    FYI for all here. Guns LA in Burbank DOES NOT release on undetermined status. They take more of your money to re-dros.

    Camarillo gun store does release. Knowledge is power.

    Leave a comment:


  • benjamin101677
    replied
    Originally posted by 559BearDown
    Same issue here...Breco Firearms in Clovis won't release to me on undetermined despite having an active ccw. 😒
    Jim's trading post formerly Uncle Sam's will release undetermined after 30 days.

    I quit dealing with Breco Firearms during the pandemic when they would only do private party transfer by appointment and appointments were only being made months out. Not a very good shop and not very good prices on guns.

    Leave a comment:


  • squirrelnuts
    replied
    Dont be a victim...
    Find a FFL/Shop that releases on Undetermined.

    Leave a comment:


  • foothillman
    replied
    Threshold for delay has been changed?
    Older publication so maybe if you sold your car and new owner ran a red light camera on his way home you become delayed?


    17. Can my driving record prevent me from purchasing a firearm?

    Yes. If you have a conviction for a firearms-prohibiting offense, such as felony drunk driving, your driving record would affect your ability to purchase a firearm. Furthermore, your driver's license must be valid. A revocation, outstanding ticket, or fine may cause your license to be invalid.

    34. I was arrested for a crime several years ago but no charges were filed against me. Can this affect my ability to purchase a firearm or to obtain a firearms license or permit?

    An arrest on your criminal history record without any disposition information explaining the outcome of the arrest may affect your ability to purchase a firearm or to obtain a firearms license or permit. If you are applying for a license or permit involving the possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon and the Department cannot determine the outcome of the arrest, you must first correct or complete the information in your criminal history record before the Department may issue you the license or permit. If you are trying to purchase a firearm and the Department cannot ascertain the outcome of the arrest and you do not correct or complete the information on your criminal history record, the decision whether to sell you the firearm rests with the firearms dealer. For further information on how to correct or complete the information on your criminal history record, please see https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security_faq#incorrect

    Leave a comment:


  • lonewolf50
    replied
    Originally posted by 559BearDown
    Same issue here...Breco Firearms in Clovis won't release to me on undetermined despite having an active ccw. 😒

    Leave a comment:


  • twowheelz805
    replied
    Dealing with my first delay ever as well currently. PPT for a Spectre Comp I dros'd a Guns LA. Pick up was Monday, May 31st. Came the next day (Tuesday 6/1). Called today and its still delayed.

    Crazy as I purchased a AR Pistol 45 days ago and it dros'd in 10 days. And just bought Ammo 2 days ago!

    Frustrating!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1