Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DROS Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by 66nick
    I have adjusted them to "Inconsistent" on our good guy list.
    I asked him about it right when you were starting that list.
    I did not post to add him to your list because he was not a 100%.

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    Turners will release a ppt on undetermined but not on a store sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • 66nick
    replied
    Originally posted by DanWynn
    Just got the APPROVAL call from Turners on day 29.

    BTW, I checked out PD Gun Supply & Tools in San Fernando and confirmed the fact they release on undetermined
    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    I asked Dimitry about this.
    There are some limitations to when he will release on undetermined.
    Like if you have bought from him before and the last DROS went through fine, then he will.
    I don't know if he does if you have never successfully DROSed with him before.
    I have adjusted them to "Inconsistent" on our good guy list.

    Leave a comment:


  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by DanWynn
    BTW, I checked out PD Gun Supply & Tools in San Fernando and confirmed the fact they release on undetermined
    I asked Dimitry about this.
    There are some limitations to when he will release on undetermined.
    Like if you have bought from him before and the last DROS went through fine, then he will.
    I don't know if he does if you have never successfully DROSed with him before.

    Leave a comment:


  • 81W
    replied
    Originally posted by DanWynn
    DROS 9/11/22 New Handgun
    Turner's informed me of delay 9/19/22
    10 Day Pick Up was 9/21/22
    Still Delayed as of 9/22/22
    Just got the APPROVAL call from Turners on day 29.

    BTW, I checked out PD Gun Supply & Tools in San Fernando and confirmed the fact they release on undetermined

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ar15barrels
    An unresolved previous delay seems you get you an automatic delay on all your future DROS until the reason for the initial delay is resolved and your record is cleared.

    Sometimes the fix is to go get a firearms livescan.
    Other times, the fix is to wait 4-6 months for it to clear on it's own.
    It is because of an arrest in 2020 that was reclassified as a Detention since I provided exculpatory evidence, video, refuting the allegations. No charges were ever filed.

    Originally posted by pacrat
    I may be mistaken, but firmly believe that the FFL needs to make a call to their super secret DOJ FFLs only phn # to get the NICS #.

    According to Ammo Bros. [liars] They don't bother making that call. Then blame DOJ for their failure to release.
    Last time, on DAY 30, I waited for them to do just that, they called the DOJ and they were given the # to go along with the already received release form. Who issues the Release letter without the release number? The DOJ.

    I started the DROS on October 1, I'll be there the 31st to pick it up.

    I have Chuck Michel's cell phone on speed dial IF I have any problems.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally posted by DolphinFan
    The ONLY issue is the DOJ. Had the same issue last year on another ppt. The FFL had the Release letter but the DOJ failed to provide a release number.

    It's just their way to slow the process. No reason with over 35 other firearms and an identical firearm already in my possession the should delay anything.
    I may be mistaken, but firmly believe that the FFL needs to make a call to their super secret DOJ FFLs only phn # to get the NICS #.

    According to Ammo Bros. [liars] They don't bother making that call. Then blame DOJ for their failure to release.

    Leave a comment:


  • Meatlegs
    replied
    First 3 firearms I purchased this year were delayed then undetermined. Last firearm I purchased was released at 10 days. Nothing has changed with my eligibility. My lady purchased 2 firearms this year and got them both in 10 days each. She is currently on a 30 day delay with her latest purchase. Nothing has changed with her eligibility.
    Bottom line is it's a total crap shoot whether or not DOJ will delay you or not so be sure to only shop with an FFL that wi release on undetermined.

    Leave a comment:


  • ar15barrels
    replied
    Originally posted by DolphinFan
    Delayed AGAIN. Just got the call.
    An unresolved previous delay seems you get you an automatic delay on all your future DROS until the reason for the initial delay is resolved and your record is cleared.

    Sometimes the fix is to go get a firearms livescan.
    Other times, the fix is to wait 4-6 months for it to clear on it's own.

    Leave a comment:


  • HOGDOG1955
    replied
    Originally posted by DolphinFan
    Delayed AGAIN. Just got the call.

    DOJ is ABSOLUTELY playing games.

    Ugh.

    I told the FFL I will be there on day 31 to pick up my handgun, release or not.
    does your ffl release on undetermined?

    Leave a comment:


  • Preston-CLB
    replied
    DF,

    I was referring to issues related to delays by DOJ. Sorry for the lack of clarification.
    -P

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Preston-CLB
    I guess I am lucky. Put a Colt SA .22 revolver in jail on 9/22. Picked up on 10/3. No issues at all.

    It is sad that you guys are seeing these delays. I hope things get resolved for those who are having these issues.
    -P
    The ONLY issue is the DOJ. Had the same issue last year on another ppt. The FFL had the Release letter but the DOJ failed to provide a release number.

    It's just their way to slow the process. No reason with over 35 other firearms and an identical firearm already in my possession the should delay anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • jonc
    replied
    Originally posted by DolphinFan
    Delayed AGAIN. Just got the call.

    DOJ is ABSOLUTELY playing games.

    Ugh.

    I told the FFL I will be there on day 31 to pick up my handgun, release or not.

    I had my last 2 delayed !!

    Sucks !

    Leave a comment:


  • Preston-CLB
    replied
    I guess I am lucky. Put a Colt SA .22 revolver in jail on 9/22. Picked up on 10/3. No issues at all.

    It is sad that you guys are seeing these delays. I hope things get resolved for those who are having these issues.
    -P

    Leave a comment:


  • DolphinFan
    replied
    Delayed AGAIN. Just got the call.

    DOJ is ABSOLUTELY playing games.

    Ugh.

    I told the FFL I will be there on day 31 to pick up my handgun, release or not.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1