Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA DROS Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • townbound
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisDSA
    How many people on here have been delayed more than once ? Please add if you have still be delayed or undetermined even with the livescan.
    I got delayed 3 times, the 3rd time went threw after 20 days, I dros'd 8 more times since then with no issue. That was last summer. No live scan, I just played the waiting game and got released on undetermined twice.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    How many people on here have been delayed more than once ? Please add if you have still be delayed or undetermined even with the livescan.

    Leave a comment:


  • 66nick
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisDSA
    that doesn?t make sense. If there was never an issue to start with how can someone fix something. People are getting delayed that are in law enforcement / people on base with security clearance / CCW Owners / People at FFL Shop
    That's just it, you're not being delayed because they found something wrong. You're being delayed because someone didn't finish the task. So the task stays "pending" until someone gets around to finishing it. If there was an actual issue/reason you shouldn't be allowed to purchase/possess they'd just deny/reject you.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Here is the link you need for the livescan. https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/BOF_8016RR.pdf



    I had two different the DOJ operators give me the wrong information. It’s almost like they’re doing it on purpose. I even had operator 208. that if you’re delayed, it’s because you’ve committed a crime now or in the past.
    Last edited by KrisDSA; 04-07-2023, 6:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Originally posted by 66nick
    From the rumors I've seen/heard, if you get delayed once all your subsequent DROS will be delayed until that first one is resolved. But since the state isn't actually motivated to process your DROS (which is why you got delayed in the first place) there's no saying how long that will take to resolve.

    .
    that doesn?t make sense. If there was never an issue to start with how can someone fix something. People are getting delayed that are in law enforcement / people on base with security clearance / CCW Owners / People at FFL Shop

    Leave a comment:


  • NorcalGSG
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisDSA
    Reached out to FPC and was told I should heard back from someone in 1 or 2 weeks
    Good luck. Too bad our stupid state doesn't use the free NICS system instead

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    Reached out to FPC and was told I should heard back from someone in 1 or 2 weeks

    Leave a comment:


  • 66nick
    replied
    Originally posted by KrisDSA
    4th delay for me in a row. Again no tickets ,no missed jury duty ,no legal issues. Can still buy ammo. Background clean.

    What can we do to fix this on going issue for us ?
    From the rumors I've seen/heard, if you get delayed once all your subsequent DROS will be delayed until that first one is resolved. But since the state isn't actually motivated to process your DROS (which is why you got delayed in the first place) there's no saying how long that will take to resolve.

    In the short term, make sure to buy from an FFL that releases on "Undetermined". Longer term, you'd likely have to bring out the $$ and get with FPC or another lawyer/firm to bring it to court.

    Leave a comment:


  • pingpong
    replied
    Originally posted by pingpong
    It's my turn after 31 successful DROSes (11 in the past 12 months). I finally got hit with a DROS delay, and that's with an FFL03 and COE. Coincidentally, I had just completed a Livescan a couple weeks ago for my CCW application too. So much for my plans to take these new ones to the range on Friday...
    Just heard from my FFL that the DROS went through today.

    Leave a comment:


  • KrisDSA
    replied
    4th delay for me in a row. Again no tickets ,no missed jury duty ,no legal issues. Can still buy ammo. Background clean.

    What can we do to fix this on going issue for us ?
    Last edited by KrisDSA; 04-06-2023, 12:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • pingpong
    replied
    It's my turn after 31 successful DROSes (11 in the past 12 months). I finally got hit with a DROS delay, and that's with an FFL03 and COE. Coincidentally, I had just completed a Livescan a couple weeks ago for my CCW application too. So much for my plans to take these new ones to the range on Friday...

    Leave a comment:


  • norcal13
    replied
    Went the full 30 to an undetermined.
    About 13 days into my DROS i received a registration sticker for a car i have parked up north on my parents property.
    I planned on non-op since it's been stolen here in the bay area... but i never got around to it.
    My guess is they just payed themselves out of my tax return and that was the holdup.
    It's beyond comical.
    "Sir you owe the state money and until it's paid in full you have no 1st, 2nd or 4th amendment rights... and these soldiers are going to be billeted in your spare room".

    I really wouldn't put it past them.

    Leave a comment:


  • norcal13
    replied
    Absolutely right.
    Turns out they don't release so now i have to get it shipped from Lodi to a a dealer that actually follows the law.

    Leave a comment:


  • pacrat
    replied
    Originally posted by norcal13
    I buy a gun a year with my tax return.... no problems last year.
    Got my delay phone call from my FFL this morning on pick-up day.
    It was a gunshow purchase so at least i didn't drive a few hours for nothing.
    Shop was closed before i read this thread so i'm not sure on their policy on releasing on Undetermined.
    THAT should be the FIRST THING you ask any FFL. BEFORE DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Deelayed
    replied
    So am I misunderstanding el sniffster whe his executive order will put ALL purchases on delay ? Were we involuntary test subjects for a nation wide delay program ?
    Last edited by Deelayed; 05-29-2023, 2:25 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1