Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Instagram Scam

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lexicon Devil
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 721

    Instagram Scam

    So I was recently added by an account named ammo_ammo_in_bulk that claims to be able to ship ammunition directly to my door without me owning an FFL license. This obviously seems like a bunch of BS. I initially told them that while I can't order ammo to my home in CA, I'd still add their account in support of their business and maybe I would order from them in the future through legal means. They still claimed they would ship ammo to my door if I give them my info.

    Just in case any of you use IG, just be aware of this kind of garbage. Here's how the convo went:




    Obviously I refused to answer or provide any of my personal details, but I figured I would pass along the info to you folks just in case any IG users here are contacted by the same account.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by backup
    You glitter me, I'm going beat your face in, gay or not.
    "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs
  • #2
    Wheellock
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2019
    • 1112

    I've seen a few good screen shots floating around of similar scammers. Ask them for something that doesn't make sense, like if they can get 520 gn 9mm hollowpoints and see how they respond.

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      There are the same type of ammo sale scammers on facebook too
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        tabascoz28
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 3364

        I guess that's one positive of FFL ammo transfers, less likely to get scammed. Imagine the poor people in other states getting tricked on ammo that will never show...

        Comment

        • #5
          Lexicon Devil
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 721

          Originally posted by tabascoz28
          I guess that's one positive of FFL ammo transfers, less likely to get scammed. Imagine the poor people in other states getting tricked on ammo that will never show...
          "A fool and their money are soon parted."
          Originally posted by backup
          You glitter me, I'm going beat your face in, gay or not.
          "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs

          Comment

          • #6
            pohorsky
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 836

            Bad grammar helps to give it away.

            Comment

            • #7
              Lexicon Devil
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 721

              I work in education, and you'd be surprised at the numbers of native English speakers with horrific grammar. Normally, I wouldn't consider that indicative of a scam, but I do see your point.
              Originally posted by backup
              You glitter me, I'm going beat your face in, gay or not.
              "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." - William S. Burroughs

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1