Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hat tip to condition red

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pythonfan
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2012
    • 1927

    Hat tip to condition red

    I purchased a polymer mag catch for my ruger pcc9 from condition red ordinance a couple months ago. It came fast. It was easy to install. I havent used it at the range, but it seems well fit.

    Well today I received an envelope from the owner with this....(see.picture)

    It's nice to see an owner of a company always trying to improve their products and passing the results off for free to their customers. I didn't ask for the extra part. He took it upon himself to mail this out. I will be going back to his website to buy more products.

    Thank you.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    CoopsDad
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1710

    That's pretty awesome! Great customer care goes a long way in today's world.

    Comment

    • #3
      pythonfan
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2012
      • 1927

      I emailed the owner and thanked him for being a stand up dude and i mentioned an idea. He promptly emailed back and showed me some options for a cool pcc9 build. Seems like a great company.

      Comment

      • #4
        SkyHawk
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2012
        • 23531

        Please let us know what you think of the mag catch overall after you have this new part in place. I am interested in one but it seems like $50 is a little spendy for what it is, unless the thing is rock solid and literally has no room for improvement.
        Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

        Comment

        • #5
          pythonfan
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2012
          • 1927

          I haven't made it to the range yet. Both pads are fine and lock up with all the OEM mags I have. I havent tried any other brands of mags yet.

          I'm usually leary of gimmicks and aftermarket parts (especially with glock related items). But the metal on plastic dilemma seems plausible to me. $50 for peace of mind seems right. It doesn't require permanent modification to my otherwise OEM firearm.

          Comment

          • #6
            SkyHawk
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2012
            • 23531

            Originally posted by pythonfan
            I haven't made it to the range yet. Both pads are fine and lock up with all the OEM mags I have. I havent tried any other brands of mags yet.

            I'm usually leary of gimmicks and aftermarket parts (especially with glock related items). But the metal on plastic dilemma seems plausible to me. $50 for peace of mind seems right. It doesn't require permanent modification to my otherwise OEM firearm.
            I am with you about the metal mag catch being a FUBAR idea. But $50 for a 3D printed part that is not even 100% fill I am just not sure about. I would rather have the part injection molded where it engages the mag, or machined from solid stock. Maybe Pearce or someone will produce this part either cheaper or better, or both.
            Last edited by SkyHawk; 07-10-2021, 1:52 PM.
            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

            Comment

            • #7
              TrailerparkTrash
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 4249

              sigpic

              It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

              -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

              Comment

              • #8
                pythonfan
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2012
                • 1927

                Originally posted by TrailerparkTrash

                Well said. He was quick to email me as well. And I too have nothing to gain from posting. Just like to share good experiences.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SD53435
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2021
                  • 42

                  Originally posted by pythonfan
                  I emailed the owner and thanked him for being a stand up dude and i mentioned an idea. He promptly emailed back and showed me some options for a cool pcc9 build. Seems like a great company.

                  What were the upgrades that he recommended?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Dan_Eastvale
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 10767

                    Never thought I'd see a topic about replacing a metal part with a plastic part in a gun.

                    "Kidding"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Grumpyoldretiredcop
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 6437

                      I just ordered one of their catches for the PCC. Looks like their website might be a little bit broken as I got an error message instead of a "purchase completed" page, the catch was still in my cart and Discover reported TWO transactions, one for $0.01 and the other for the expected amount. Sent them a message about it, hope they get it cleared up. Looking forward to giving their mag catch a try.
                      I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1