Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Movie/anime inspired purchase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • walmart_ar15
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2341

    Movie/anime inspired purchase

    And guess the film

    I'll start

    S&W 629 - Well do you feel lucky, punk?
    Beretta 92 - shoot up a happy face
    SPAS 12 - Wait you can't do that!
    AR with flare - Come meet my little friend!
    mini-UZI - sleep tight sucker
    MAC 10 - That gun not licensed to you.. Either am I..
    Rem870 top folder - We'll bring the world's normal to their knees..
    Degale - Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired
  • #2
    Harry Ono
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2018
    • 965

    PPK - with a delivery like a brick through a plate-glass window.

    But I do see lots of SW 38 sp from the Untouchables ( 60s TV show)
    Last edited by Harry Ono; 06-08-2021, 12:09 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      hambam105
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2013
      • 7083

      ''All it takes is one that doesn't''

      Hint, Western...Actor was P.N.

      Comment

      • #4
        naz
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2020
        • 3108

        Comment

        • #5
          NATO762
          Member
          • Apr 2019
          • 404

          Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
          "Never! Jesus Christ, what dont you understand about never?"

          -Sen. Joe Manchin on eliminating the filibuster

          Comment

          • #6
            Verdha603
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2019
            • 882

            I mean, I can pretty much thank every war movie/TV show/video game I've ever watched for my WWI/WWII firearms collection.

            Don't think I'll be able to quote all of them, but:

            Sig P226- Loved it even without movies, but Air Force One and Captain America: Winter Soldier did a great job highlighting them throughout the film.

            Kalashnikov rifle- Nicolas Cage's speech in Lord of War. Enough said. Also an honorable mention to Heartbreak Ridge when Clint Eastwood made sure his recruits knew what the sound of the enemy's weapon makes.

            Lee-Enfield SMLE- Dunkirk and 1917. And I guess for an anime reference I was surprised they made it in as a "bad guy gun" in Violet Evergarden.

            Arisaka rifle- Flags of our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima, and Hacksaw Ridge

            M1 Garand/M1 Carbine/M1911- Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brother's, Kelly's Heroes, insert whatever WWII movie with US GI's in it.

            Star Model B- Pulp Fiction and The Wild Bunch, after finding out Hollywood actually used them as stand-in's for 1911 in shooting scenes in movies from the 40's and into the 80's because 9mm blanks cycled more reliably than .45 blanks.

            Two of my wish list guns are courtesy of anime's; a Jericho 941R and a Beretta 92FS Inox, courtesy of Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon respectively.

            Comment

            • #7
              walmart_ar15
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 2341

              Originally posted by Harry Ono
              PPK - with a delivery like a brick through a plate-glass window.
              James Bond: Dr. No (1962)

              John Wick 2

              All it takes is one that doesn't
              Hombre - 1967

              Comment

              • #8
                walmart_ar15
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 2341

                Originally posted by NATO762
                Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
                This one is way too hard

                Comment

                • #9
                  CGZ
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 992

                  P90 - Star Gate SG1

                  Last edited by CGZ; 06-08-2021, 7:11 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    plumbum
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2010
                    • 5394

                    I was here for the Waifu pillows, but I guess I’ll see myself out...
                    Originally posted by ysr_racer
                    Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Old4eyes
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 1757

                      Benelli M4: Could you recommend anything for the end of the night? Something big, bold.
                      Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - On second thought, hold the Lawyers.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bohoki
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 20826

                        i bought a baby eagle but i swear it was just coincidental cowboy bebop was on cartoon network

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          not-fishing
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 2270

                          Originally posted by bohoki
                          i bought a baby eagle but i swear it was just coincidental cowboy bebop was on cartoon network
                          Nice.

                          I still want a pink Pchan and Bunny Suit maybe in foothill brown like a jackrabbit.

                          Spreading the WORD according to COLT. and Smith, Wesson, Ruger, HK, Sig, High Standard, Browning

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tigerpan
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 2197





                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              jigenax
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 1107

                              Taurus M85, 1st gen*. "Serenity"

                              *it's covered to look different.
                              USMC 1985-93 0331/32 & 0341
                              NRA Endowment Life Member
                              CRPA & SASS Life Member

                              Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
                              Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1