I always took it for granted that 12 Ga 2 3/4" shotgun shells were 2 3/4" long and 3" shells were 3" long. Out of curiosity, I measured each shell today and the 2 3/4" shells were actually 2 3/8" long and the 3" shells were 2 5/8" long. This had me scratching my head and the only thing I can think of is the length on the box label is actually the length of the shell before it is loaded. Not sure if that is the explanation but I learned something today.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shotgun shells
Collapse
X
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,442
Posts: 25,147,852
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19915 users online. 127 members and 19788 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment