Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Interchangeable thumb safety fitment between CZ pistols

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EkayJav
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2021
    • 65

    Interchangeable thumb safety fitment between CZ pistols

    Hello All,

    I'm curious to know if an extended safety set for a CZ Shadow 2 will fit in a CZ 75 SP-01 SP-01 Manual Safety model? If it's not a direct interchangeable part, can it be fitted to work in an SP-01 slide?

    This is the part I'm looking at from Cajun Gun Works.

  • #2
    9mmContagion
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 3242

    Call CGW they’re very knowledgeable.

    Or use the drop down menu in the website that says, “Will this fit my model.” Which says it doesn’t fit.
    9mmContagion Feedback

    Comment

    • #3
      EkayJav
      Junior Member
      • Apr 2021
      • 65

      Correct. I understand that it doesn't fit. What I'm asking is if anyone has tried fitting it to the SP-01?

      Comment

      • #4
        naz
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2020
        • 3108

        I’m not 100% sure if that’s the same as cz custom part 10225, but if it is, it will work with fitting

        By the way, with extended left side safety, it kind of makes dropping the slide with the slide release a bit trickier. It’s worth it, in my opinion, but I started to work on counting how many rounds I’m using and planning more so I can reload and not lock the slide back on empty. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that

        Comment

        • #5
          EkayJav
          Junior Member
          • Apr 2021
          • 65

          I like to rest my thumb on the safety. The safety on the SP-01 doesn't have much of a ledge.

          Comment

          • #6
            mrboma
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 1307

            Originally posted by EkayJav
            I like to rest my thumb on the safety. The safety on the SP-01 doesn't have much of a ledge.
            As much as I prefer Cajun over CZ Custom this is what you want:



            Angus Hobdell welcomes you to Ghost Products Inc IPSC USPSA shooting needs Ghost Holster Dillon Precision Doug Koenig Low Mass Hammers Aftec Extractors, Limcat Long Firing Pins, CR Speed CR-Speed, Rescomp Versa Pouch CR Belt Cr Holsters Bladetech Starline Brass Vihtavuori Powder Zero Bullets Aimpoint Scopes C More, 1050 Bullet Feeder Pro Grip Ghost Holster Ultimate Ghost 1911 Parts Saul Kirsch Double Alpha CZ Custom CZUB CED CZUSA


            Be sure the right hand side has the D style hole.
            Regards,
            Mike

            Comment

            • #7
              kennymallory1
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2017
              • 568

              There is a safety that is extended on both sides CZ uses on the original shadow. It looks the same as the safety on the Tactical Sport. I used a S2 safety on my SP-01 it was fitted slightly by a gunsmith. The CZ customs extended safety show in the pic above or below my comment looks fantastic. With CZ performance parts I always take to a qualified gun smith. Worth every penny. Good luck.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                MarikinaMan
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2015
                • 4864

                Originally posted by EkayJav
                Correct. I understand that it doesn't fit. What I'm asking is if anyone has tried fitting it to the SP-01?
                A couple of things:

                1) you dont want to "fit" a safety
                2) you can check out the schematics for both pistols. if they share the same assembly, I forgot what its called, by confirming the part numbers, then it wouldnt be a drop in replacement part.

                Good luck.

                Comment

                • #9
                  keith1911
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 1297

                  When I had my gunsmith install the Pro Package in my SP-01s he put these safety’s on them and they work great.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    EkayJav
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2021
                    • 65

                    Thank you all for the information. I shall look for a set at CZ Customs.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1