Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A positive article about the AR platform

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPimping
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2010
    • 21487

    A positive article about the AR platform

    The dangerous gun owners are the ones who don’t make their gun ownership an occasion for socializing and interacting with other gun owners.


    At least some sanity does prevail within mainstream journalism.
    sigpic

    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

    Don't let your history be a mystery
  • #2
    k1dude
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 15937

    Originally posted by BigPimping
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...he-ar-15-cult/

    At least some sanity does prevail within mainstream journalism.
    National Review is not mainstream media.
    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

    Comment

    • #3
      newshooter650
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2020
      • 507

      Great article. I think the author made a compelling case for both AR-15 platform itself as well as the owner community that has developed around it. I'm going to save this to share with some of my left leaning friends to give them some more insight into the pro 2nd amendment position.

      I'm not the biggest National Review fan but I will say that their writing style is more palatable for non-conservatives than sites like Breitbart that are more to my taste. We've got 8 million+ new owners (myself included) and many of them are not traditional 2nd amendment supporters. Clear and concise advocacy like this is how we convince them to become real 2nd amendment adherents rather than just people who bought a gun on a whim because they were scared of a pandemic or societal decay but otherwise have no real investment in their 2nd amendment rights.
      Last edited by newshooter650; 03-26-2021, 9:26 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        TurboChrisB
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2010
        • 5116

        Good article.

        Comment

        • #5
          Looneybin
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2015
          • 86

          Can’t get past the pop ups
          You want to make a conservative mad, tell him a lie or tell a lie about him... You want to make a liberal mad, tell him the truth, or tell the truth about him - Lou Holtz

          Comment

          • #6
            Sully
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2007
            • 263

            Cult of the AR-15;
            a good one promoting socializing and safety info.
            The internet groups like CALGUNS
            made safe shooting in clubs a far more accessible thing.

            Comment

            • #7
              sfvshooter
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 1200

              Originally posted by k1dude
              National Review is not mainstream media.
              If you only watch OAN and Newsmax, National Review will seem moderate/mainstream.
              Too many rifles, not enough time...

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1