Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walmart federal ammo sell regulation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • matrix
    Member
    • May 2009
    • 293

    Walmart federal ammo sell regulation

    All Walmarts sporting good cash register will automatically force the employee to ask if the buyer is 21 years of age before selling them handgun ammunition. My question is why not have an option for rifle or handgun type of question if the buyer is older than 18 but yet not 21, and they happened to own a carbine that shoot handgun ammo. Also does the cash register ask for rifle or handgun if you buy 22lr?

    I'm not quite 21 yet but I want to stock up so when I do turn 21, I can purchase my firearm and not worry about finding ammo. I've been carded numerous time and waste my gas on long useless trip but other time I will get lucky and not be asked to check for ID.
    WTB SF Bay Area: Ruger bull barrel Mk 1/2 Astra Constable /Iver Johnson TP22 .
  • #2
    Alexjr1967
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 938

    All depends on the cashier ... I've had my 18year old sis buy ammo and it's hit or miss... the younger the cashier the better the odds ... but seriously it's the luck of the draw

    Comment

    • #3
      Arteel
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2392

      They always ask me if its for a hangun or rifle. Just say its for a rifle.

      Comment

      • #4
        IsaacGlass
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2591

        I never got carded for ammo, free drinks at the casino, Yes!

        Comment

        • #5
          Turo
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2009
          • 5066

          It's been my experience that they consider .22lr handgun ammo. Even if you tell them it's for a rifle (which is about half true) they don't really care.
          "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
          -Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • #6
            Mstnpete
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • 4039

            I've never been carded when buying ammo but buying cigarettes & alcohol. I always get carded. And I'm 43 heheheheh
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Batman
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2660

              So take a picture of your rifle and a close-up of the caliber marking, and if pressed once you show that, ask for the manager. Rather than going off on a rant, it's easier to show them why you're buying what you want.

              Comment

              • #8
                joepamjohn
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 2709

                Originally posted by Arteeel
                They always ask me if its for a hangun or rifle. Just say its for a rifle.
                You don't think that the feds may be aware of this? I don't think that saying it's for my 10-22 will get you around the AB-962 language.Brother will not let us go on the honor system. If Walmart does, they will be one of the first to be out of the ammo business.
                "You can't handle the truth"

                Comment

                • #9
                  461
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 619

                  The register promts the employee to ask if the ammo is for a rifle or a pistol and depending on the answer to the question it requests I.D. for either 18 or 21.
                  -Tim-

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    forgiven
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 5214

                    They have ask me for a few years now at the store in long beach.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ck867
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1235

                      Originally posted by 461
                      The register promts the employee to ask if the ammo is for a rifle or a pistol and depending on the answer to the question it requests I.D. for either 18 or 21.
                      this is exactly what happens. The employee must enter whether it's for a rifle or a pistol and then request for ID for the right age. This happens when you buy rated R movies at walmart also. It will prompt for ID check

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1