Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

9mm 1911 recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EWastigmatism
    Member
    • Mar 2020
    • 330

    9mm 1911 recommendations

    Not much on roster. What do you like for a range gun from $750 to $3k? My first thought was loaded Springfield in stainless, but looking for something different. Commander or full size.
  • #2
    golfish
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Mar 2013
    • 10124

    You might get more help and info from the handgun subforum...

    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

    MLC, First 3

    Comment

    • #3
      harbormaster
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2017
      • 6725

      Really good thread over there comparing the RIA, Springfield and a Kimber I think. Actually a great thread. Hope you can find it I’m not able to look at this moment.
      1. Compared to what?
      2. At what cost?
      3. What hard evidence do you have?

      T.S. debunking the Left in 3 simple questions.

      Comment

      • #4
        Uncivil Engineer
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2016
        • 1101

        The after market for 1911s is really good. You can always pick up an on roster frame or cheap ppt then rebuild it how you like.

        Brownells even sells a complete Nighthawk Customs kit less the frame.

        Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          cannon
          In Memoriam
          • Aug 2008
          • 8589

          If you are willing to up to 3K.

          Buy a Colt. You can sell it for more later if you want.
          ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

          Comment

          • #6
            1911man
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2006
            • 1575

            For the money get CZ Dan Wesson. Kimber but they have to be from custom shop.

            Comment

            • #7
              lazyworm
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 1642

              I know you said 1911. But a 2011 STI if you can find one.

              Comment

              • #8
                9mmrevolver
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2006
                • 1477

                I recently bought a cz sp01 that I will be upgrading as time goes on. U can find them for 739.99 but all the way up to 1k.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ee2
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 70

                  I have the Springfield loaded stainless and love it as a range gun. I just added some bright orange paint to the front sight and the rear sight to help my old eyes align them.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Jcm446
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2019
                    • 53

                    X2 on the Springfield loaded 9mm. I've had my stainless for a long time, put thousands of rounds through it, and love it. I added a fiber front sight and did a trigger job.
                    I am currently making a 9mm Springfield Commander (Champion .45 frame and using 4.25" slide). I believe there are no commander length 9mm on the roster.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tarmy
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 4388

                      I have the SA 9mm 1911...awesome shooter...about 10k thru it and just fun to shoot. I used to be cheap to feed to...thankfully, I bought literally tons of ammo before the crazy hit...so still is for me.

                      Shoot that for awhile....then start a hunt for a really fine shooter from Wilson, Nighthawk, custom shop...whatever. But your money will likely go further when all this stupid settles down...eventually....hopefully.

                      The only things I did was a 1 piece Wilson guide rod and a Dawson FO front sight for my old eyes...

                      724AE03E-C0FA-4E8F-B583-EE71E86D1A13.jpg
                      Wilson Protector .45, Springer 9mm Loaded, Franchi Instinct SL .12ga. and some other cool stuff for the kiddos...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tdp113530
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 539

                        Colt Competition. If you can find one.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          anyracoon
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2006
                          • 3704

                          Colt 1911 here, love it!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            naz
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2020
                            • 3108

                            Just go a bit more on your top end and get 2011

                            My $0.02 is Atlas Gunworks product

                            Great after sales support and many reviews online from competitive shooters putting tens of thousands of rounds a year through the guns

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              dragon7
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 576

                              I wish I had 3K budget for any gun. For under 1K my Springfield 9mm Loaded is a gun I’ve enjoyed shooting and have been proud to own.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1