Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best 12 gauge load for HD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Epaphroditus
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2013
    • 4888

    I found a deal on a case of 4buck so that's what I got.

    Two weeks later same deal on 00 buck .... now I have both!
    CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps

    Comment

    • #17
      librarian72
      Member
      • Jan 2017
      • 382

      This is what I ended up with:
      Originally posted by Librarian
      US Circuit Courts of Appeal have no deadlines; they work on what they want, when they want. The 9th also seems sometimes to Make Stuff Up in their opinions.

      Comment

      • #18
        robcoe
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2010
        • 8685

        1 buck

        Birdshot will kill an intruder but it will probably be because they bleed out after killing you
        Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
        No, I will not fix your computer.

        Comment

        • #19
          The War Wagon
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2011
          • 10294

          Originally posted by plumbum
          Some people like #4 buckshot to reduce over penetration risk - also there is #1 buckshot which is supposed to offer the best of both worlds.
          though.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            smle-man
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2007
            • 10606

            The Army issued #4 buck in Vietnam and it seemed to do the trick.

            Comment

            • #21
              eviioiive
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1620

              Black magic
              Originally posted by Kestryll
              Your name has been publicly printed in newspapers and on the web, your expectation of privacy is flat gone.
              Originally posted by CALGUNS.NET
              You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.

              Comment

              • #22
                200Apples
                -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2011
                • 7217

                I live in southern California and have never seen 12 gauge #4 buck for sale.

                I see plenty of 20 ga #4 buck loads.

                When it comes to a life-threatening situation, I'm not messing around wondering about the difference between some .30 cal lead balls and .33 cal lead balls, so I'm loaded up with double-aught (.33).

                Some of the stuff is 1450 - 1500 fps 9 pellet, some is the Hornady Critical Defence double-aught 8 pellet @ 1600 fps.

                Both loads pattern similarly at simliar distances in 18" - 18.5" barrels. Whatever you choose to stock up on, take a box or two to the paper range and pattern your shot loads at 3 yards (will make one hole), 5 (a bigger, ragged one hole), 7 (starts to spread but still not much bigger than a softball), 10 (pumpkin-sized pattern) and 15 yards (almost the width of the paper target).

                (It's been a few years since I last patterned my shotguns and loads, but the above info should be close to what you might see).

                Point being that you'll still have to *aim* your shotgun to make an effective hit on any threat, which is why shoulder-fired short barrel shotguns are better in combat than any birdshead/pistol grip piece with no shoulder stock. Might as well use a handgun in close quarters than something like that.

                Good luck to you.
                .
                "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                Comment

                • #23
                  golfish
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 10127

                  Originally posted by L84CABO
                  I'm a fan of the Federal Law Enforcement Tactical w/Flight Control..
                  This in #1 buck shot is really good stuff.
                  Last edited by golfish; 09-25-2020, 8:51 PM.
                  It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                  Happiness is a warm gun.

                  MLC, First 3

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    357manny
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 1676

                    Originally posted by 200Apples
                    I live in southern California and have never seen 12 gauge #4 buck for sale.

                    I see plenty of 20 ga #4 buck loads.

                    When it comes to a life-threatening situation, I'm not messing around wondering about the difference between some .30 cal lead balls and .33 cal lead balls, so I'm loaded up with double-aught (.33).

                    Some of the stuff is 1450 - 1500 fps 9 pellet, some is the Hornady Critical Defence double-aught 8 pellet @ 1600 fps.

                    Both loads pattern similarly at simliar distances in 18" - 18.5" barrels. Whatever you choose to stock up on, take a box or two to the paper range and pattern your shot loads at 3 yards (will make one hole), 5 (a bigger, ragged one hole), 7 (starts to spread but still not much bigger than a softball), 10 (pumpkin-sized pattern) and 15 yards (almost the width of the paper target).

                    (It's been a few years since I last patterned my shotguns and loads, but the above info should be close to what you might see).

                    Point being that you'll still have to *aim* your shotgun to make an effective hit on any threat, which is why shoulder-fired short barrel shotguns are better in combat than any birdshead/pistol grip piece with no shoulder stock. Might as well use a handgun in close quarters than something like that.

                    Good luck to you.
                    Great pointers bro. Thanks!
                    this is a signature

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bubbapug1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7958

                      I have a vepr 12 raw.

                      I thinks it’s great but an AA12 would really be nice. FA
                      I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        dracer
                        Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 278

                        measure the biggest room or hallway in your house then take your shot gun and check your pattern at that distance , you will probably find that your pattern is real small , that is why you need to aim a shot gun at close distance and you do ,,not need any buckshot at all , remember buck shot will go threw walls very easily bird shot will not as much , you are responsible where it ends up
                        Never leave your cave... with out your club Mark Walters

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          General
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 1984

                          bird shot ?

                          Watch Paul about shotgun home defense.


                          Comment

                          • #28
                            WWDHD?
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 2729

                            These day it's whatever you can get your hands on if you didn't stock up before the world turned upside down. Good luck.
                            NRA & CRPA member
                            semi-docile tax payer
                            amateur survivalist

                            Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              naz
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2020
                              • 3108

                              #4 bird shot over here. I want the exterior walls of my house to stop the pellets

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                BB1776
                                Member
                                • Aug 2016
                                • 439

                                7+1?

                                2 #4 buck
                                2 #1
                                2 00
                                2 slugs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1