Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR pistol waiting period?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mrdojo
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2020
    • 5

    AR pistol waiting period?

    I was wondering does a AR pistol fall under the 30 day rule like an regular pistol? What happens if i purchased a regular pistol within the same month? My DROS will be denied and i have to wait to restart or can just wait out the 30 and pick up? Thanks in advance for all the info!
  • #2
    edgerly779
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2009
    • 19871

    Yes a handgun is a handgun.

    Comment

    • #3
      SkyHawk
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2012
      • 23531

      If not acquired by PPT or intrafamily transfer, every handgun is subject to 1-in-30, that includes AR pistols, AK pistols, etc.
      Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

      Comment

      • #4
        tabascoz28
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 3364

        AR pistols can only be PPTed right now in CA

        Comment

        • #5
          Master_Prestige
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2019
          • 1016

          Originally posted by tabascoz28
          AR pistols can only be PPTed right now in CA


          What about all the roster exempt LEO ?

          Comment

          • #6
            SkyHawk
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2012
            • 23531

            Originally posted by tabascoz28
            AR pistols can only be PPTed right now in CA
            or LEO or intra family gift from out of state or imported by new residents, or Franklin CA7 from a dealer.
            Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-12-2020, 5:34 PM.
            Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

            Comment

            • #7
              tabascoz28
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2016
              • 3364

              Sorry I assumed OP was not LEO, he'd probably ask LEO friends. But all those other options would still not count in the 1 in 30?

              Comment

              • #8
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                Originally posted by tabascoz28
                Sorry I assumed OP was not LEO, he'd probably ask LEO friends. But all those other options would still not count in the 1 in 30?
                Well the Franklin CA7 AR pistol is on the roster, it can be bought by anyone from a dealer. He may be asking about that.

                Anyhow it is difficult for anyone to give the OP a good answer since he didn't say what sort of transaction he was interested in.

                And we forgot to add that handgun transfers inside the city of LA are always subject to 1-in-30
                Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-12-2020, 5:35 PM.
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #9
                  sigstroker
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 19905

                  Unless he moves to a better state within 29 days.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1