Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does any body know what gun this is

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • skyline
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 500

    Does any body know what gun this is

    So I got a phone call from my father in law asking me what kind of gun this was that he saw on the local news and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out
    He took the picture from his TV i see a lot of things wrong with it mainly the 3 magazine in a row any answer would be greatly appreciated thank you

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
  • #2
    CHEONG_FUN
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 555

    Originally posted by skyline
    So I got a phone call from my father in law asking me what kind of gun this was that he saw on the local news and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out
    He took the picture from his TV i see a lot of things wrong with it mainly the 3 magazine in a row any answer would be greatly appreciated thank you

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Looks to be a Barrett 50 cal. It's one magazine, for very large bullets. [emoji106]

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      pacrat
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2014
      • 10285

      That is a CUMP..........Cobbled Up Movie Prop.

      Bolt is already at full rearward position. NWIH is it moving any farther rearward to feed a round in front of it.

      Comment

      • #4
        WoodTurner
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2010
        • 286

        Bushmaster BA50

        Edit: Clicky
        Last edited by WoodTurner; 08-11-2020, 11:44 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          sonofeugene
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2013
          • 4681

          I don't think it's a real gun.
          Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

          A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

          Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

          Comment

          • #6
            tradecraft
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 4630

            Originally posted by WoodTurner
            Bushmaster BA50

            Edit: Clicky
            This
            Link to my feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...ser-tradecraft

            Comment

            • #7
              kcheung2
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 4387

              I'm also leaning towards the gun being a fake. I'm still undecided about that index finger though.
              ---------------------
              "There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB

              Comment

              • #8
                Verdha603
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2019
                • 882

                Agree that it's a Bushmaster BA50.



                Ironically I should say I'm glad I had the privilege to shoot one, since I had a buddy buy one after he realized he didn't see a need to double the price and move up to a semi-auto Barrett when a Bushmaster bolt-action could scratch his .50 BMG itch for alot less money.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ar15barrels
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 57179

                  Originally posted by pacrat
                  That is a CUMP..........Cobbled Up Movie Prop.

                  Bolt is already at full rearward position.
                  NWIH is it moving any farther rearward to feed a round in front of it.
                  You realize the bolt handle is AT the bolt head and that the muzzle is pointed at the sky right?
                  When the bolt is unlocked, it moves rearward on the gun which would be AWAY from the guy's chest because he is carrying it backwards in the photo.

                  Bushmaster ba50:


                  Barret 95 is the same way:


                  As is a Bluegrass Viper:
                  Last edited by ar15barrels; 08-12-2020, 1:09 AM.
                  Randall Rausch

                  AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                  Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                  Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                  Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                  Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    tabascoz28
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2016
                    • 3364

                    It was out of state.
                    Last edited by tabascoz28; 08-12-2020, 7:36 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      The War Wagon
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 10294

                      How did this CA-BANNED rifle, get on the "LOCAL" news?
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        HellnBack
                        Member
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 173

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pacrat
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • May 2014
                          • 10285

                          You realize the bolt handle is AT the bolt head and that the muzzle is pointed at the sky right?
                          No Sir, I didn't, but now I do.

                          The Trigger Discipline hand position, and reverse over the shoulder carry orientation. I thought CUMP.

                          Seeing complete pic. made clear.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            skyline
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 500

                            It had to be a fake

                            Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SkyHawk
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 23531

                              Originally posted by skyline
                              It had to be a fake

                              Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
                              Who fakes that? It looks real enough to me, looks exactly like a BA50 from what we can see of it - down to every detail.
                              Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1