Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CalGunners time, money and space saving Tips & Tricks !

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • olhunter
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2008
    • 3707

    CalGunners time, money and space saving Tips & Tricks !

    I know there's a wealth of knowledge out there and I figured this would be a good place to help share it.

    I have some things I do to make my shooting life simpler (and cheaper!) and I would imagine some of you do too.

    I'll start if off with some items I use and how I use them. I started with some simple stuff, but depending on how this goes, it might get more involved. The thread could crash-and-burn too, but whatever.



    1) I like to drink sugar-free drink mixes. They're cheap and make a lot for a little. The little plastic canisters of drink mix at Wal-Mart are $1.35, contain 6 mixes (2.5 liters of drink each) and the plastic containers make a great storage vessel, with lid. The label peels right off. I store (mostly) pulled bullets in mine.



    2. These little plastic tubes w/caps are great for storing and carrying ammo. The caps are secure but easy to remove and pretty much water-proof. I got mine on Ebay. I scan the top off the bullet box, print out the scan and tape it to the outside of the canister with packing tape. Makes ID easy. They're especially handy for carrying .22's. The canister carries pretty easy in a pocket, but I slide them in one of the bottom pouches of my LBV. The upper pouches carry water bottles, the other pouch has one of these canisters with first aid stuff in it and the grenade pouches carry my GPS and radio.





    3. I use the bullet-box scans to label the tops of my plastic ammo boxes. A more detailed label is inside, but this makes it easy to ID without opening the box.



    4. I always carry some kind of pack with basic necessities in it while outdoors. One of the items is a cheap, mesh blaze-orange vest ($5 Wal-Mart). It's light and rolls up small. I don't usually wear it, it's for marking your spot or signaling when lost or injured.




    5. Those plastic cannisters from Wal-Mart? I also cut them down and put dessicant pellets in them to absorb moisture from the safe. I have both loose pellets and the packaged kind. The loose ones have to be thrown out when wet, but the packages can be heated and recharged.




    That's it for now. Let's see what you got.
    Last edited by olhunter; 05-18-2009, 6:28 PM.
    It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
    You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
    You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

    The title is....."United States Marine".


    sigpic
  • #2
    harmoniums
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • 3488

    1/ four angry hornets and an empty cigar tube makes an inexpensive, yet hightly effective vibrator

    2/ I find washing my face and my arm-pits with ordinary household soap and water leave me feeling fresh and clean throughout the course of the day
    WTB Irish firearms:
    old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

    VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      mvpatriot
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 2178

      yo OP pics are down...

      Dillon reloading basics Vids here

      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=190727

      Comment

      • #4
        olhunter
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2008
        • 3707

        lol...and i've been scratching my @%#$& trying to figure out why they didn't work. I'll do something else.
        It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
        You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
        You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

        The title is....."United States Marine".


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          olhunter
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2008
          • 3707

          Originally posted by harmoniums
          1/ four angry hornets and an empty cigar tube makes an inexpensive, yet hightly effective vibrator
          Until the cap comes off.

          And that only works when you have a girlfriend/wife that has more tattoos than teeth.
          Last edited by olhunter; 05-18-2009, 3:57 PM.
          It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
          You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
          You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

          The title is....."United States Marine".


          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1