Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mil vs Moa which do you prefer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    sacrvrrat
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 425

    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    1MOA is just over 10" @ 1000 yards. 1 mil is about 36" @ 1000 yards. I'm not sure what you mean??? Neither one is "more accurate" but most moa scopes are capable of more precise adjustments than most scopes using milrads.

    Comment

    • #32
      DRM6000
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2006
      • 5954

      Do you mean finer adjustments on the scope?

      A MIL scope has adjustments in 1/10 mil which is 3.6 inches at 1000 yards.

      A typical moa scope has 1/4 moa adjustment which equals ~2.5 inches at 1000 yards.

      A target scope in moa has 1/8 moa adjustments which equals ~1.25 inches at 1000 yards.

      I shoot MIL. I zero at 100 yds. I cannot get it perfectly centered (off by like 1/8 inch) because .01 mil is not fine enough resolution. I have to pick which side of center I want the impacts on and live with it.

      Comment

      • #33
        sacrvrrat
        Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 425

        Originally posted by DRM6000
        Do you mean finer adjustments on the scope?

        A MIL scope has adjustments in 1/10 mil which is 3.6 inches at 1000 yards.

        A typical moa scope has 1/4 moa adjustment which equals ~2.5 inches at 1000 yards.

        A target scope in moa has 1/8 moa adjustments which equals ~1.25 inches at 1000 yards.

        I shoot MIL. I zero at 100 yds. I cannot get it perfectly centered (off by like 1/8 inch) because .01 mil is not fine enough resolution. I have to pick which side of center I want the impacts on and live with it.

        Comment

        • #34
          CSACANNONEER
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2006
          • 44094

          1/8 moa adjustments are not uncommon on target scopes. I understand what you're saying about not caring about a 1/2" or even an inch at 1000 but, in many of the match I attend, the top three places can have less than an inch difference in aggregate group sizes. So, it can make all the difference to some shooters, even shooters that are shooting 15" groups at 1000.
          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
          Utah CCW Instructor


          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

          sigpic
          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

          KM6WLV

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1