Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shooting PRESCRIPTION Glasses?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mikeinla
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Aug 2007
    • 1916

    Shooting PRESCRIPTION Glasses?

    UGH! I need glasses. Recommendations for prescription glasses?? I am currently using ESS glasses but cannot find anyone to do a prescription for there insert.



  • #2
    rodralig
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2016
    • 4262

    I am in the same boat that I can't get the front sight sharp anymore. Folks suggest I go to RDS; but, personally, I still have some unfinished business with irons.

    That said, a couple of things I have tried that may work for you: SSP Eyewear Top Focal. Unfortunately for my kind of shooting it doesn't work - scratch that out...

    I was told that Hunter's Gold HD will do anything for you... Even you sending the frame of your current set then they will make a lens for you. Albeit $$$, hence, my last resort...


    _

    WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

    Comment

    • #3
      Arfrsairbrush
      Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 225




      Buddy showed me these yesterday

      Comment

      • #4
        rodralig
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2016
        • 4262

        Originally posted by Arfrsairbrush
        I have seen many shooters sports Rudy Project. Definitely cool! But, I can't seem to find any information on their website whether their glasses are ballistic resistant or at least comply to a safety rating for our shooting interests, etc. It would seem that they had a few models before, but can't find any now...

        OP has ESS, which I have, too. SSP is, well as Oakley's M-Frames.


        _

        WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

        Comment

        • #5
          rvicta
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 465

          I have ESS and found a local optometrist to work with me. I explained to them what I needed them for and she had me bring the lens inserts I had when I ordered the glasses from ESS. Told her I needed new lenses in the same shape. Left lens is my regular prescription with bifocal and the right lens is set so I can focus on the front sight, with bifocal. I need to go get my prescription done again since my vision has gotten worse. From other threads I've read, there's an optometrist in OC that also works with shooters.

          Comment

          • #6
            kenl
            Senior Member
            • May 2012
            • 1723

            Wiley x will take your prescription and send the glasses to you directly. Both ESS and Oakley use too (I've bought from both), but i can't find their pages anymore.
            sigpic

            California, the once-great first world state that is now a corrupt third world socialist cesspool.

            Comment

            • #7
              Mute
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 8597

              Originally posted by rodralig
              I have seen many shooters sports Rudy Project. Definitely cool! But, I can't seem to find any information on their website whether their glasses are ballistic resistant or at least comply to a safety rating for our shooting interests, etc. It would seem that they had a few models before, but can't find any now...

              OP has ESS, which I have, too. SSP is, well as Oakley's M-Frames.


              _
              I don't know why their US website don't put more of this info. Their ImpactX line of lenses are ANSI Z87.1 certified:





              I have a pair I've been using for about 20 years now. They're very high quality and durable. Better than any Oakley's I've ever owned.
              NRA Benefactor Life Member
              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


              American Marksman Training Group
              Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

              Comment

              • #8
                Lebaneseblonde
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2013
                • 739

                Google eagle eye shooting
                http://www.urbanertslings.com/e-rush...actical-slings

                Comment

                • #9
                  smak28
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 4120

                  I've bought bunch of Wiley X prescription shooting glasses. I've used framesdirect.com for all my purchases of prescription glasses/sunglasses
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Iron Lion
                    Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 176

                    +1 Wiley X Contour

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Snagglepuss
                      Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 407

                      Wiley X are good to go!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DGoodale
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1217

                        Ditto on Wiley-X. https://safetyglassesusa.com

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          flavor
                          Member
                          • Aug 2015
                          • 472

                          Oakley SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0
                          𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙 ⋆ 𝓓𝓸𝓭𝓰𝓮 // ⋆ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 ⋆ 🎲 𝓡/𝓣 𝓢𝓬𝓪𝓽 𝓟𝓪𝓬𝓴 ⋆ 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓻 ⋆ 🐝💨💨 𝟛𝟡𝟚 ◾ 𝓗𝓔𝓜𝓘 ◾ 𝟞.𝟜𝓛 ◾ 𝓥𝟠 𝟜𝟠𝟝 𝓗𝓟 ◾ 𝟜𝟟𝟝 𝓛𝓑-𝓕𝓣 ◾ 🇺🇸

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Flying Sig
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 1340

                            The Oakley Standard Issue Shocktube has set a new standard for ballistic eyewear. This frame meets all MIL PRF 32432 standards which makes it acceptable for the active needs of the military, law enforcement, or recreational shooting. It is composed of O-Matter™ frame material for strength and durability. The Unobtanium® nosepads increase with grip the more you sweat, keeping the glasses perfectly aligned. Ultra sleek temple arms make this model hat and helmet friendly. Oakley Plutonite lenses filter out 100% UVA, UVB, and UVC light as well as blue light up to 400nm. Don't hesitate to reach out to one of our certified opticians. Disclaimer - TR22 PRIZM Shooting Lens is not available for Rx.
                            sigpic
                            NRA Patron Member

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Unforgiven
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 794

                              Oakley make some very nice shooting glasses. Your optometrist should have a selection at his office or find one that does.
                              The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

                              Benjamin Franklin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1