First of all, thank you for a wonderful forum. It's been super helpful researching and poking around getting a lot of questions answered and it's a wealth of knowledge.
I recently purchased my first forearm and will be picking it up in about a week. Been wanting to learn about firearms for years now and have talked about it with friends /colleagues in law enforcement (I work in healthcare and we have officers on the premises 24/7) and friends who own firearms every once and a while, and just decided at 43 years of age that now was the time! I'm booking a session with a local Firearms Instructor to get the basics down, learn proper safety and handling and learn to shoot properly before I develop any bad habits.
Consequently, the lock box I was looking at (Fort Knox Original Pistol Box) comes with a free certificate for the 2-Day Defensive Handgun Course from Front Sight Firearms Training Institute. I just happen to have some time off next month when this course is offered. Seems like a great deal. Buy the box and get a free course. I'll bolting tis box down for home storage. I don't have any kids and don't want a giant gun safe, and it seems like the Fort Knox boxes get great reviews around here. Does this seem like an appropriate way to store the firearms t home?
My car doesn't have a trunk (it's a hatchback/wagon). It doesn't have a pass-thru for skis, etc., but the cargo area is accessible from the rear seats by just reaching over the seats. My plan is to get one of the small lockable boxes that are able to be secured with a cable and keep the firearm in that box in the cargo area for transport back and forth to the range and wondering if this would be compliant with California law (and magazines are unloaded and separate, etc)?
Thanks again for a great forum and sorry for the long initial post.
I recently purchased my first forearm and will be picking it up in about a week. Been wanting to learn about firearms for years now and have talked about it with friends /colleagues in law enforcement (I work in healthcare and we have officers on the premises 24/7) and friends who own firearms every once and a while, and just decided at 43 years of age that now was the time! I'm booking a session with a local Firearms Instructor to get the basics down, learn proper safety and handling and learn to shoot properly before I develop any bad habits.
Consequently, the lock box I was looking at (Fort Knox Original Pistol Box) comes with a free certificate for the 2-Day Defensive Handgun Course from Front Sight Firearms Training Institute. I just happen to have some time off next month when this course is offered. Seems like a great deal. Buy the box and get a free course. I'll bolting tis box down for home storage. I don't have any kids and don't want a giant gun safe, and it seems like the Fort Knox boxes get great reviews around here. Does this seem like an appropriate way to store the firearms t home?
My car doesn't have a trunk (it's a hatchback/wagon). It doesn't have a pass-thru for skis, etc., but the cargo area is accessible from the rear seats by just reaching over the seats. My plan is to get one of the small lockable boxes that are able to be secured with a cable and keep the firearm in that box in the cargo area for transport back and forth to the range and wondering if this would be compliant with California law (and magazines are unloaded and separate, etc)?
Thanks again for a great forum and sorry for the long initial post.


Comment