Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo and Magazine Prices After Sandy Hook

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SamSepiGunnerz54
    Banned
    • Dec 2019
    • 13

    Ammo and Magazine Prices After Sandy Hook

    Is it true that ar15 mags were being bought for $100 a mag?

    I didnt buy that much ammo after the shooting i just waited it out.

    I do remember a basic ar15 like the MP 15 sport was being bought for $2,000.

    What was your most expensive purchase during the panic?
  • #2
    tradecraft
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 4630

    Pmags were going for about 40-60 a pop. Quality BCGs were gold too.
    Link to my feedback: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...ser-tradecraft

    Comment

    • #3
      The Gleam
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2011
      • 13390

      Yes, and it's just as true that high-capacity Glock and AR-15 magazines were being bought for $100 a mag back in 1999 too, and pre-ban (i.e., prior to 1994 but still legal to sell in CA) ARs, AKs, SIG rifles, HK41/HK-91, G93, FN FAL clones (not on Roberti-Roos by name) and so on were being bought for $2,000 or more at that time.

      That came back just after Sandy Hook because as most will recall, the Democrats in Congress were bleating for a new ban on such guns and they were getting a nod from Obama at the time of acceptance.
      -----------------------------------------------
      Originally posted by Librarian
      What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

      If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

      Comment

      • #4
        shooter777
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 649

        I spent about 200 bucks for a FailZero bcg and 430 for a psa premium upper during the beginning stages of the rush. What really bummed me out was selling a yugo sks right before that tragedy happened. It was chaos. I do remember seeing 100 pmags and they were sold out. Crazy times.

        Comment

        • #5
          CoopsDad
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 1710

          I was buying and selling standard capacity mag kits for AR-15s, Glocks and Berettas before Sandy Hook; buying bulk boxes of parts and piecing together "parts kits" and reselling on CL other sites for $15. The week before Sandy Hook, I had just taken delivery of two huge boxes of mag parts and begun separating them into kits. The first I sold after the murders went for $40 each, then immediately jumped to $80 ($75 for multiples). I ran out in less than 2 weeks, and my source disappeared. I had about $800 in the boxes and ended up with almost $15k out of it.

          I had ONE guy decide not to buy because, even though he knew parts kits were still legal to purchase/own/etc., I looked like a cop and he was afraid of getting busted.

          Comment

          • #6
            SamSepiGunnerz54
            Banned
            • Dec 2019
            • 13

            Originally posted by CoopsDad
            I was buying and selling standard capacity mag kits for AR-15s, Glocks and Berettas before Sandy Hook; buying bulk boxes of parts and piecing together "parts kits" and reselling on CL other sites for $15. The week before Sandy Hook, I had just taken delivery of two huge boxes of mag parts and begun separating them into kits. The first I sold after the murders went for $40 each, then immediately jumped to $80 ($75 for multiples). I ran out in less than 2 weeks, and my source disappeared. I had about $800 in the boxes and ended up with almost $15k out of it.

            I had ONE guy decide not to buy because, even though he knew parts kits were still legal to purchase/own/etc., I looked like a cop and he was afraid of getting busted.
            Damn!!! Lucky you. I wish i bought that much and resold them

            Comment

            • #7
              John Browning
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2006
              • 8089

              I sold a 550 pack of Win Wildcat .22 for...$150.

              If you aren't buying now then you are a fool.
              For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

              For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

              Originally posted by KWalkerM
              eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

              Comment

              • #8
                Dan_Eastvale
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2013
                • 10763

                Originally posted by CoopsDad
                even though he knew parts kits were still legal to purchase/own/etc., I looked like a cop and he was afraid of getting busted.
                Crazy times... RIP, I hope.

                Comment

                • #9
                  hermosabeach
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 19819

                  After the Clinton 1994 ban, compact Glock mags were $135 used
                  G19/G23

                  Standard Glock mags were $100

                  Used AR mags were $50
                  Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                  Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                  Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                  Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                  (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hermosabeach
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 19819

                    After the Clinton 1994 ban, compact Glock mags were $135 used
                    G19/G23

                    Standard Glock mags were $100

                    Used AR mags were $50
                    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Scratch705
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • May 2009
                      • 12537

                      Originally posted by John Browning
                      I sold a 550 pack of Win Wildcat .22 for...$150.

                      If you aren't buying now then you are a fool.
                      yep.

                      with 2020 elections coming up, and the D's trying all their hardest to get Trump eliminated from even running. it is gonna be a crazy next year for gun related sales/inventory.

                      buy it now and get ready to potentially ride out 4 years of an anti-gun president.
                      Originally posted by leelaw
                      Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                      Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                      Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                      Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                      Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jarhead714
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 9647

                        Somebody post up the Cheaper than Dirt screen shot of the $130 AR magazine. Show him why we don’t give them our money.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          200Apples
                          -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2011
                          • 7217

                          Freedom week in April '19 was awesome.

                          'nuff said on that topic.

                          And, Always Be Buying Ammo (or building it).
                          .
                          "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

                          NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            trigger945
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 5795

                            It still hurts to this day...
                            One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

                            AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SamSepiGunnerz54
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2019
                              • 13

                              I dont blame them. Nothing wrong with capitalism. Supply and demand.

                              They is nothing wrong with making a profit.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1