Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NNPC fun match at Burro Canyon Dec 14

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Calif Hunter
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • 3323

    NNPC fun match at Burro Canyon Dec 14

    This coming Saturday, 12 DEC 2019, at 9 AM is our monthly match. As is usual, the December match is our World War II commemoration where we bring out all the firearms used in the war. So dust off the 1911, Hi-power, P-38 or Nambu pistols, get out your Garand, M-1 Carbine, K-98 Mauser, or SMLE, and meet us Saturday morning at Burro Canyon. We should also be able to bring out the steel targets again after the rains we have received.

    If you don't have WWII firearms, bring what you like. Handgun stages followed by a 3-gun.

    Allen alrich77@hotmail.com
  • #2
    rodralig
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2016
    • 4262

    Won't be able to make it this time as I am working Saturday. Kent and I would definitely make it for January - the calendar is already locked and loaded.

    Cheers,

    WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

    Comment

    • #3
      200Apples
      -DVC- Mojave Lever Crew
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2011
      • 7217

      Dagnabbit! Can’t make this one, but see you in January.
      .
      "Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

      NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy Elon Musk's Twitter User SomthingWicked

      Comment

      • #4
        Calif Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • 3323

        Sorry you guys can't make it this month.

        Hopefully, the plate rack and poppers will be used!

        Comment

        • #5
          kkslider
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2019
          • 46

          I might be able to swing it. Already have a shooting trip planned for Sunday all day in the desert, hopefully the girlfriend doesn’t mind a second one on Saturday. I’ve got a Mauser and a new 1911 I haven’t shot. Shame I can’t find my dads ammo belt, it’s gonna be loose 8mm in a pocket for me >.< Mauser is a Yugo 24/47, not WWII accurate but close enough.

          Would two mags for the 1911 cut it?

          Comment

          • #6
            Calif Hunter
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • 3323

            Two mags should be okay - it may depend on how well you shoot. :-) I have seen people go through several mags trying to clear six plates. If not, there should be plenty of mags to borrow. Just load with your own ammo and be sure to return them!

            Bring the girlfriend - she may enjoy it and all genders, ages, etc are welcome.

            Comment

            • #7
              Calif Hunter
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • 3323

              Tomorrow at 9 AM!

              Comment

              • #8
                Calif Hunter
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2003
                • 3323

                I wasn't able to make it as I had another obligation. How was the match? I drove through the area on the 210 and down the Cajon Pass, and it was pretty foggy.

                Were you able to shoot steel?

                Comment

                • #9
                  kkslider
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2019
                  • 46

                  It was real fun! Going up hwy 39 visibility was fine but in the distance the valleys were blanketed with fog. It was drizzly and damp in the morning but lovely later.

                  We shot steel! Had a great first time.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1