Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Grips for the grip people

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • elk hunter
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2122

    Grips for the grip people

    Silver and gold 1935 Mexican grips. These came from a Mariposa game warden who was a good friend. He had these made when he was in Mexico, the holster was made by him and was carried for some time working as a game warden back when they were hard working honest people. I'm not sure if this was the revolver he used in a gun fight with the 3 men that tried to kill him. The Warden is long since gone and I will always miss the old gentleman. He had one heck of a Winchester collection and was a very good old school gunsmith which was his retired profession.




    Moderators, if your going to move this one to some dead end hole just dump it and ban me to.
    Last edited by elk hunter; 12-31-2019, 8:11 PM.
  • #2
    Spaffo
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2013
    • 1359

    Nice group, with his pistol, holster, and grips. I really like this type of been-there, done that rigs that have been together a long and are identified.

    Comment

    • #3
      watevers1
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 809

      so....i can haz? definitely a beauty.

      Comment

      • #4
        VictorFranko
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2010
        • 13737

        Beautiful grips and neat story.

        Comment

        • #5
          plumbum
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5394

          That’s some old-world craftsmanship and a wonderful story - thank you for sharing with us. Beautiful!
          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

          Comment

          • #6
            Beendare
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 598

            Cool thx for posting.
            Functional?....probably not so much in the winter....
            ____

            To your Game Warden dig;
            Its a no win job.....I can't imagine the guff those GW's have to put up with. Personally, I've never run into what I would call a dick GW...they have all been pretty good....maybe because I know the rules and wouldn't think of breaking them.
            Last edited by Beendare; 10-18-2019, 7:40 PM.

            ― Edwin Louis Cole
            ------------------------
            "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face", Mike Tyson

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1