Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.22 PPK/S .22 Beretta M9-22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CooolHandLuke
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2018
    • 31

    .22 PPK/S .22 Beretta M9-22

  • #2
    Quiet
    retired Goon
    • Mar 2007
    • 30242

    FYI.

    In addition to being off-Roster, the current production Walther PPK/S 22 are considered assault weapons under CA laws.
    ^These have threaded barrels.

    The 1960s-70s era Walther TPH and the 1970s-1980s era Interarms Walther PPK/S .22LR are also off-Roster, but they are not considered assault weapons under CA laws.
    ^These do not have threaded barrels.
    Last edited by Quiet; 09-14-2019, 6:46 PM.
    sigpic

    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Comment

    • #3
      Spaffo
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2013
      • 1360

      Crosshairs in Torrance has a stainless .22 Walther PPK, in the original box on consignment. Give them a call, I can't remember the price.

      Comment

      • #4
        Spaffo
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2013
        • 1360

        They also have a .22 Echasa Eibar Spanish PPK copy that was pretty cheap.

        Comment

        • #5
          I Swan
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 8770

          Originally posted by Spaffo
          Crosshairs in Torrance has a stainless .22 Walther PPK, in the original box on consignment. Give them a call, I can't remember the price.
          It was some financial sodomy price TPH like $800 or so plus fees. The Eibar was like $200 but it is known as a hunk of junk.

          Comment

          • #6
            Spaffo
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2013
            • 1360

            What's a reasonable price for that pistol? Not my area of expertise.

            Comment

            • #7
              Quiet
              retired Goon
              • Mar 2007
              • 30242

              The 1960s-1970s production Walther TPH and PPK/S .22LR tend to sell on the auction sites in the $700-1400 range depending on condition & accesories.

              The current production Walther PPK/S.22 MSRP at $429.
              ^Outside of CA, they can be found between $300-410 depending on finish.
              sigpic

              "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

              Comment

              • #8
                Ruber
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2012
                • 544

                Last edited by Ruber; 09-15-2019, 11:52 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Spaffo
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • 1360

                  The one at Crosshairs was LNIB with papers, I think. I didn't know they went for that kind of price range.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    I Swan
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 8770

                    I've passed up TPH's for $500-600 in CA a few times in last few years. I guess I'm just cheap. I occasionally run across older PP/PPK 22lr Walthers but not often.

                    My sole example is a Manurhin PP 22lr I picked up for less than $400 a few years ago. Remember factory magazines for the TPH 22lr and the PP or PPK 22lr can run around $100 each if you can find them.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      nrccali
                      Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 174

                      I have a Stainless TPH 22lr. Awesome little pistol, but no need for it in in collection. Wish I could find a Stainless PPK 380acp instead.
                      "Wait... three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jwalt
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2017
                        • 551

                        The threaded barrel can be pinned and welded/braised, FWIW.

                        Still off roster.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Spaffo
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 1360

                          The TPH at Crosshairs is sold.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1