Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Most dangerous gun law yet.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ja308
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2009
    • 12660

    Most dangerous gun law yet.

    Universal background checks are pushed as a response to mass shootings, but it should be noted they are unenforceable without a gun registry.


    While universal background checks are pushed as a response to the El Paso and Dayton shooting attacks, it should be remembered that such checks are unenforceable without a gun registry.

    In other words, once such checks are in place, it is only a matter of time before lawmakers — in one party or the other — suggest a loose registration scheme. They will most likely do this in the days after the first mass public attack that occurs once universal background checks are the law of the land.
  • #2
    Kyle1886
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 4274

    I foresee a spike in parking lot sales in free states should universal background checks plus mandatory registration go. The UBC could survive on its own maybe in some states but add registry or psych evaluations later, that's too far of a push.

    Opinion,

    Respectfully
    Kyle
    Here's to Calguns.net, past, present, and the future πŸΈπŸΈβ€‹πŸ·πŸ» 🍹
    iTrader = +3, %100, Location: N. San Diego Co
    https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...6#post54001874
    _________+__________

    Comment

    • #3
      Skip_Dog
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2017
      • 2656

      I think you are correct with the mandatory registration coming soon.

      I just hope that Free America will challenge it (And win) unlike California.

      Comment

      • #4
        deckhandmike
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2011
        • 8325

        Might actually be better if this happens outside the 9th. We might get a quicker favorable ruling from the SC.

        Comment

        • #5
          k1dude
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 15912

          I think Red Flag laws are far more dangerous. It can achieve a complete ban far quicker than any other method.
          "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

          "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

          Comment

          • #6
            Dan_Eastvale
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Apr 2013
            • 10763

            The unconstitutional UBCs would more or less be self enforceable as many sellers/buyers would be scared of a possible sting operation. At least those that have something to loose..
            It's how most gun laws work.

            Comment

            • #7
              bronco75a
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2016
              • 659

              Originally posted by k1dude
              I think Red Flag laws are far more dangerous. It can achieve a complete ban far quicker than any other method.
              Google already called in the SFPD for a mental health check against the Google whistleblower. Law only got approved on 1 July and the Left is already misusing the red flag law.

              Comment

              • #8
                splithoof
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2015
                • 6031

                When the government knows who has the weapons, those weapons are far easier to be removed from the owners. Makes free-state parking lot sales look like a good idea.

                Comment

                • #9
                  M1NM
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 7966

                  Originally posted by ja308
                  ...... it should be remembered that such checks are unenforceable without a gun registry..
                  Not true what needs to be done is just a query into the criminal/crazy(not available yet)/DV database. You don't show up you walk out with a gun. There is nothing that should require a listing of what gun it is.
                  Every 4473 (?) form you've filled out since 1968 is still on file. If the dealer is still in business he has it and the feds can see it anytime they want. If the dealer closed he sent the forms to the ATF and they have already scanned it into a database.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sputnik
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 2240

                    Maybe they should check into the Johns Hopkins/UC Davis study that determined , of all things, background checks don't reduce "gun violence" /crime?

                    nah, do it anyway. Who cares if it works? We have to look like we're doing "something".

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      superdave50
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2017
                      • 813

                      UBC's don't help much anyway. We've had this debate how many times already?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Saym14
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 7892

                        Psych evaluator to gun applicant: You want to own a gun? You must be crazy!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          hunterb
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 3796

                          Originally posted by sfarchitect
                          Our usual Russian propagandist troll Ja308 citing Brietbart as though this peddler of conspiracy theories and hate is a credible news source.

                          You entire premise is erroneous.

                          It is the person, the name, that goes into the registry. When they go to buy a firearm if that person has, recent domestic violence incident, been adjudicated mentally unfit, a convicted felon etc., they are denied the ability to purchase a firearm via the background check.

                          The reality is the majority of gun owners, again I said, gun owners, support universal background checks. Not our resident propagandist, maybe not even the majority of Calgunners. But the majority of gun owners and even NRA members have no problem with universal background checks.

                          To Splithoof's point, we all probably shouldn't really be on here right.
                          Why do you support something that has ZERO evidence that it will reduce gun violence? And recent studies show it DOES NOT reduce gun violence.
                          Do you run on emotions or facts?

                          Please link your evidence that Background checks will reduce gun violence in the USA....or stop spreading lies and trying to trample peoples' right to self-defense. How utterly shameful.
                          Last edited by hunterb; 08-14-2019, 10:41 PM.
                          Originally posted by johnthomas
                          ...The hardest part getting rid of crap is getting started.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            k1dude
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • May 2009
                            • 15912

                            Originally posted by sfarchitect
                            The reality is the majority of gun owners, again I said, gun owners, support universal background checks. Not our resident propagandist, maybe not even the majority of Calgunners. But the majority of gun owners and even NRA members have no problem with universal background checks.
                            And that is a flat out lie. The NRA's membership (TAG) polling shows an overwhelming rejection of background checks. That's why the NRA conducts their own internal polling - because the mainstream media and leftist politicians constantly lie about what gun owners and NRA members want. Stop parroting leftist talking points. They're flat out lies.

                            You'll also find that the latest John's Hopkins/UC Davis research shows that background checks and violent offender laws have had zero impact on gun deaths.
                            Last edited by k1dude; 08-15-2019, 12:50 AM.
                            "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                            "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              DentonandSasquatchShow
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2018
                              • 1343

                              Originally posted by ja308
                              Tee hee! It's cute you think there are two parties or a choice.
                              I will stand for truth even if I stand alone.

                              The last time I had faith in the News was when it was with Huey Lewis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1