Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Drill through safe wall

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    wpage
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2011
    • 6072

    Armor piercing. Black tip 30 06 make a nice hole.
    God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

    NRA,,, Lifer

    United Air Epic Fail Video ...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

    Comment

    • #17
      tsmithson
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2016
      • 1580

      Call a professional contractor, he is licensed to drill a hole and mount cabinets to the wall.

      Just kidding

      Comment

      • #18
        edgerly779
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Aug 2009
        • 19871

        Pilot hole 1/8" then use a unibit or 3/8" high speed steel from harbor freight. Locate studs behind safe 3/8" x 4" lagbolt s in 4 places don't forget put couple thru base into floor If using 3/8" lags counter drill into stud fitrst with 1/4" bit for lag to bite into. If on concrete use expansion anchors If you were closer Iwould come over and lend you all the tools you need. Everything is in my work vehicle including all the hardware.
        Last edited by edgerly779; 04-22-2019, 5:38 AM.

        Comment

        • #19
          Duck Killer
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 2528

          First find studs
          Line up hole with studs
          Drill 3/8 hole.
          Insert 3/8 x 3” lag
          Put 2” fender washer on lag
          Done

          No drill oil or pilot hole needed. Really simple

          Comment

          • #20
            Duck Killer
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 2528

            Comment

            • #21
              bergmen
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 2493

              Originally posted by rd2play
              I have a safe for my guns, nothing fancy, just something to deter the potential run of the mill burglar. It has holes in the floor, but I want to attach it to the wall studs with lag bolts and it doesn't have holes in the back, so I need to drill some.

              How do I drill through the steel wall? It's a Stack On, so it's nothing crazy thick. Punch it and then go slow, using cutting fluid? I've never drilled through steel.
              After you drill and mount to the wall, do something about the cheezy lock on the front door. I had a Stack-On for a few years before I could afford a real safe and I was amazed at how weak the lock and latch was on the door. A crowbar could open it in seconds.

              I changed the lock to one with a circular key and reinforced the lock tabs so they wouldn't bend very easily.

              Dan

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1