Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Liberty Civil Defense Ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FalconLair
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 3985

    Liberty Civil Defense Ammo?

    picked up a box at my LGS - 40S&W 60 grain, for my new Stoeger Cougar

    haven't had a chance to try it at the range yet but this ammo cycles like a champ - has anyone used this brand ammo before - some of my older firearms are a bit stubborn when it comes to feeding HP rounds

    i just ordered a couple of boxes of 9mm, most of my firearms are chambered in 9, my HD and CCW carry gun, the FNS 9C - if the 9mm cycles anything like the .40 then i think i've found my answer for the feeding issues that worry me about some of my firearms

    reviews seem pretty positive - anyone use this stuff?
    Originally posted by Barang
    I! hate! you! FalconLair.
    Originally posted by JagerDog
    I hate you FalconLair!
    Originally Posted by JTROKS
    I hate you FalconLair! I double hate you if you get it before Christmas!
    Originally posted by gcvt
    They hate you FalconLair
    Originally posted by Greta
    HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair
  • #2
    KrisDSA
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 2850

    Picked up 500rds when dicks had them on clearance for $5.00 bucks a box. I wouldn’t trust my life to them but they were fun to shoot
    WildLeaks.org -
    Former Professional Strangler and Shooting Champ

    Comment

    • #3
      THE ANTIDOTE
      Banned
      • Jul 2018
      • 279

      Yes, 357 in my Marlin 1894 CSBL, 9MM in my Springfield Armory 9mm Target Loaded 1911, 45 ACP in my CZ97B, and Liberty Silverado in my AR 18" 223 WYLDE...every one worked great-flawlessly with this ammo. Only one i didn't care much for is the Silverado and that's only because i have to walk 100 yards to go check my target. I do have Civil Defense loaded in my Marlin for home defense as i get higher velocity out of the carbine plus holds a little more than my revolver. It is a bit expensive to shoot as a plinking/practice round but i did run a couple boxes through each of my guns (except the AR...only 10 rounds) because these are guns i will grab in self defense. 4-5 rounds of 357 shot at 20 yards blew out the backside of a 25lb/12" wide pumpkin easily (whatever that's worth). Plus, who wouldn't like having silver colored Werewolf Nyquil.

      Comment

      • #4
        FalconLair
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 3985

        Originally posted by KrisDSA
        Picked up 500rds when dicks had them on clearance for $5.00 bucks a box. I wouldn’t trust my life to them but they were fun to shoot
        what led you to that conclusion? what doubts do you have about the ammo?

        most reviews hold it in very high regard, especially for self defense purposes - what caliber were you using?

        my first impression is that the rounds are really lightweight, yet 2000 fps is no joke penetration wise - i've usually leaned toward the heavier grained rounds, this copper round kind of surprises me

        i only ask because i am considering it for HD and CCW ammo, but trust me, if there is something im unaware of about this ammo i would welcome anyone with some experience with it to tell me - as i said, i haven't had the opportunity to put it to the test myself yet, i've did some research and i found that it cycled pretty effortlessly in my Cougar - i've had some issues in the past with HP ammo being a bit untrustworthy cycling through some of my firearms - this ammo, so far, has been flawless in that respect
        Last edited by FalconLair; 04-19-2019, 4:10 AM.
        Originally posted by Barang
        I! hate! you! FalconLair.
        Originally posted by JagerDog
        I hate you FalconLair!
        Originally Posted by JTROKS
        I hate you FalconLair! I double hate you if you get it before Christmas!
        Originally posted by gcvt
        They hate you FalconLair
        Originally posted by Greta
        HOW DARE YOU!! I hate you FalconLair

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1