Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Paperweight LUGER 1908 Commercial????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • joepamjohn
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2709

    Paperweight LUGER 1908 Commercial????

    I have a Luger that appears to be a 1908 Commercial in .30 caliber. SN# 15495. It was obviously buried and is completely frozen and will never be anything more that a paper weight. The only thing that moves is the safety lever. I understand that these were a very desirable variation (in good working order) but figured it may be desirable to a Luger collector? This gun has scale and rust, but you can clearly still see the serial number. It also sadly appears it was a matching numbers gun since the serial number is also on the barrel and the last two digits are on the take down lever. You can also clearly see the DWM crest on the toggle. Can this gun be sold as a paperweight without any DOJ paperwork? I figured it could, but after all this is California where most gun laws don't make sense.

    Thanks in advance... John
    Last edited by joepamjohn; 04-12-2023, 3:21 PM.
    "You can't handle the truth"
  • #2
    pacrat
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2014
    • 10285

    Sorry John

    You can also clearly see the DWM crest on the toggle.
    Doing the required "seeing" would only be possible if you post pictures, or links to pictures.

    CRAP, ya got me you tricky devil. You added the pics while I was typing.
    Last edited by pacrat; 04-07-2019, 7:54 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      pacrat
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2014
      • 10285

      Since it was at one time a functional firearm.

      I believe, but not absofreak'nlutely sure that ATF and Ca-DOJ require that there be specific CUTS to the receiver/frame. Before it can legally be considered a NON-firearm.

      Comment

      • #4
        71MUSTY
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2014
        • 7029

        Sweet, that will buff right out.
        Only slaves don't need guns

        Originally posted by epilepticninja
        Americans vs. Democrats
        We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


        We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


        What doesn't kill me, better run

        Comment

        • #5
          boopiejones
          Senior Member
          • May 2014
          • 2044

          I’d be tempted to toss that in a vat of clp or even something harsh like liquid wrench and see what happens. Certainly can’t make it much worse.
          my Benitez goes to 11

          Comment

          • #6
            Gowking
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2008
            • 2664

            Calling Ajax22...

            Comment

            • #7
              SonofWWIIDI
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2011
              • 21583

              Fix it!! At least to shootable condition.

              JMHO
              Sorry, not sorry.
              🎺

              Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

              Comment

              • #8
                SkyHawk
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Sep 2012
                • 23531

                Let me guess, another hand select from Classic?
                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                Comment

                • #9
                  joepamjohn
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2709

                  Originally posted by SonofWWIIDI
                  Fix it!! At least to shootable condition.

                  JMHO
                  There is no way it will ever shoot. It's rusted solid.
                  "You can't handle the truth"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ErikC12
                    Member
                    • Feb 2019
                    • 344

                    Sadly, it's a "firearm" until it's torch cut. I had to ask a similar question to DOJ not long ago.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      redcliff
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 5676

                      That appears to be earlier than a 1908, possibly a rare 1902. The scalloped ears on the toggle are similar to those on my 1902 carbine.
                      "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                      "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                      "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                      "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                      although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        joepamjohn
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 2709

                        Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to sell it as a paperweight/conversation piece, but if it needs to be drosed I think I will just keep it. I don't have the heart to cut it up.
                        "You can't handle the truth"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          redcliff
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 5676

                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1199500 might give you some ideas on cleaning it up.
                          "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                          "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                          "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                          "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                          although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            joepamjohn
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 2709

                            Originally posted by redcliff
                            http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1199500 might give you some ideas on cleaning it up.
                            Thanks for the link. This gun is far worse off, but I will give it a try when I have some time to set it up.

                            John
                            "You can't handle the truth"

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gowking
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 2664

                              Look up Ajax22’s posts and videos. Electrolysis is your friend here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1