Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So Im Moving (need gun law info)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • xxG3xx
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 1352

    So Im Moving (need gun law info)

    Well I'm getting out of CA finally! Sometime at the end of the month I will be flying to NC and start looking for work out there and once I find a job im going to be coming back to CA to get the rest of the my stuff I'm not taking with me the 1st trip.

    Now I know that NC gun laws are way less strict then CA gun laws but I don't know what their gun laws are. I am pretty sure you can own everything there that you cant own here in CA.

    Does anyone have any info they would like to share about NC guns laws as in Class 3 items , mag limits , and so on. Now I have heard that I would have to get a license to be able to buy a handgun there if anyone had any info on that it would also be much appreciated.

    thanks
  • #2
    Tillers_Rule
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1034

    Just take it, you don't have to register, no waiting period, nada. California is one of the only F-d up states that make it seem like a privilege to own a firearm.
    sigpic
    "Don't steal, the Government hates competition."

    Comment

    • #3
      Quiet
      retired Goon
      • Mar 2007
      • 30242

      Check out the North Carolina Rifle & Pistol Association.

      And read this.

      First thing you should do once you become a NC resident, is get a NC CCW permit.

      In order to aquire a handgun, you first need to get a handgun purchase permit. You get one through the Sheriff of your county. Depending on the county, it'll either be easy or semi-difficult (they'll ask you why you want one).
      NC CCW permit holders are exempt from this requirement.

      In regards to Title II firearms, it appears tha MGs & DDs are not legal. AOWs, SBRs & SBSs are legal. However, it is recommend that you go the NFA trust route, since CLEO will not sign off a Form 1 or 4.
      Last edited by Quiet; 04-13-2009, 8:16 PM.
      sigpic

      "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

      Comment

      • #4
        xxG3xx
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 1352

        Originally posted by Quiet
        In regards to Title II firearms, it appears tha MGs & DDs are not legal. AOWs, SBRs & SBSs are legal. However, it is recommend that you go the NFA trust route, since CLEO will not sign off a Form 1 or 4.
        thanks for this info

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1