Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What kids do when they find a gun (Hidden Camera Study)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mecam
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 4049

    What kids do when they find a gun (Hidden Camera Study)

    This is why you NEVER leave a gun where a child can reach it.

    Watch the latest news videos and the top news video clips online at ABC News.


    -
    sigpic
  • #2
    One Shot, One Dropped
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1134

    Yeah, did you watch 20/20 tonight? It was all about guns and gun control.
    Originally posted by ViPER395
    Give me a a case of .223 and immunity and i'll solve the gang problem from that News10 weather tower crap.
    -talking about the Sacramento "gang tax" being proposed

    Comment

    • #3
      mecam
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 4049

      Originally posted by One Shot, One Dropped
      Yeah, did you watch 20/20 tonight? It was all about guns and gun control.
      Yeah, I posted this one specifically to remind gun owners with kids in the house not to be irresponsible. No matter how many times you tell them not to touch it, they will touch it eventually.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        AlexBreya
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 953

        wow, that lady who taught her kid to change the channel in fear of guns needs to be sent a drift...

        You can't tell someone something is horrible their whole life, then expect them not to mess with it.

        Comment

        • #5
          ZirconJohn
          Rattlesnake Hunter
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2007
          • 10376

          So what does this video tell us?

          Don't teach your kids how to swim, because when they fall into water they will drown anyway!

          Don't teach your kids how to look both ways when they cross the street, because when they cross the street they will be run-over anyway!

          Don't teach you teenager how to drive safely, because when they drive they are going to get in an accident anyway!

          Don't teach your kids rules in/about gun safety, because they just going to pick-up a gun anyway when no adults are near!

          Defeatist child rearing at it's finest!

          My father kept his rifles propped in the corner, next to his desk... I NEVER touched them rifles! NEVER! Far back as I can remember... yup, my dad taught me and my little brother well... still hurts when I sit!
          .
          "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
          "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
          .
          ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

          Comment

          • #6
            mecam
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2007
            • 4049

            Originally posted by zirconjohn
            My father kept his rifles propped in the corner, next to his desk... I NEVER touched them rifles! NEVER! Far back as I can remember... yup, my dad taught me and my little brother well... still hurts when I sit!
            I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH THAT RIFLE!
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              m98
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • 4088

              guns....ha.....I had touched the .38/.380/30-06/remmy 1100......BUT, I was VERY careful. I knew quite a bit about gun safety as a kid....Back in say the 2nd or 3rd grade, while other kids pick out reading books on fairytales I read/look thru books about weapons/military&civi's/wild animals i.e deers, bears, fish, birds, whales. Not that I don't read books that I Need to read for school, I also read the good stuff that most all of us calgunners love today.
              "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

              10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

              Comment

              • #8
                Ryan in SD
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1966

                Originally posted by zirconjohn
                So what does this video tell us?

                Don't teach your kids how to swim, because when they fall into water they will drown anyway!

                Don't teach your kids how to look both ways when they cross the street, because when they cross the street they will be run-over anyway!

                Don't teach you teenager how to drive safely, because when they drive they are going to get in an accident anyway!

                Don't teach your kids rules in/about gun safety, because they just going to pick-up a gun anyway when no adults are near!

                Defeatist child rearing at it's finest!

                My father kept his rifles propped in the corner, next to his desk... I NEVER touched them rifles! NEVER! Far back as I can remember... yup, my dad taught me and my little brother well... still hurts when I sit!
                You're comparing too many skills with a responsiblity. Its not a respoinsibility to swim. It is a skill to swim, and its a skill to be observant of traffic.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Synergy
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2008
                  • 14303

                  Mom is in a complete form of denial. The way she instructed her son on guns are bad, she will do the same with drugs and sex.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    m98
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4088

                    Originally posted by Synergy
                    Mom is in a complete form of denial. The way she instructed her son on guns are bad, she will do the same with drugs and sex.
                    +1.......(mom): "oh, that can't happen to my daughter. She's Such an Angel and Such a Good Girl"
                    "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                    10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ZirconJohn
                      Rattlesnake Hunter
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Sep 2007
                      • 10376

                      Originally posted by mecam
                      I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH THAT RIFLE!
                      Ya, but I did it anyway!

                      And look at me now; I am skilled at responsibility!

                      My little brother was kilt by a car tho... Dad told him safety not important in crossing a street, Dad said SKILL son! SKILL and that'll lern ya real good! My little brother was not skilled at dodging a speeding car!
                      .
                      "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
                      "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
                      .
                      ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Curtis
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 1443

                        When I was growing up the guns were in the glass guns display. It has a lock, but the keys were kept on top. I was never to touch the guns on my own. If I wanted to touch, hold, or exam the guns I just had to ask. And every request was granted. I never had a need to go behind my parents' back.

                        My wife and I have talked about this in regards to our boys and their friends. I hope the parents of their friends ask. I know I will be asking the question. I'm not worried about my house. I'm worried about the neighbors that have young kids and a college student living at home...bought a gun but not a lock box.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cousinkix1953
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 1385

                          Originally posted by zirconjohn
                          So what does this video tell us?

                          Don't teach your kids how to swim, because when they fall into water they will drown anyway!

                          Don't teach your kids how to look both ways when they cross the street, because when they cross the street they will be run-over anyway!

                          Don't teach you teenager how to drive safely, because when they drive they are going to get in an accident anyway!

                          Don't teach your kids rules in/about gun safety, because they just going to pick-up a gun anyway when no adults are near!

                          Defeatist child rearing at it's finest!

                          My father kept his rifles propped in the corner, next to his desk... I NEVER touched them rifles! NEVER! Far back as I can remember... yup, my dad taught me and my little brother well... still hurts when I sit!
                          Same here. I knew where the OM's guns were and didn't touch them without his permission. And now I own his pre 64 Winchesters.

                          This video reminds me of that wacky pediatrician, Dr. Spock from San Diego. That guy was all over radio and TV telling parents how to raise their kids. He died about ten years ago and his widow moved to Santa Cruz.

                          She decided to try surfing, with her maiden voyage was at Mavericks in the Half Moon Bay area. Big waves peak at 30-40 feet there. Isn't this like learning to shoot with a .44 magnum revolver, .458 Winchester rifle or a 10 guage magnum shotgun that recoils big time? Neither one of them are too damned bright...
                          Last edited by cousinkix1953; 04-11-2009, 7:54 AM.

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            ...the kid said "I don't touch guns....I'M TOUCHING A GUN!!!!"
                            That's because his parents banned him from toughing a gun!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              tcrpe
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 10269

                              Originally posted by mecam
                              This is why you NEVER leave a gun where a child can reach it.

                              Watch the latest news videos and the top news video clips online at ABC News.


                              -
                              That video wasn't strictly about keeping guns away from kids. Well, on the surface, maybe.

                              Mostly it was aimed at adults and was a propaganda piece on the inherent evil of guns.

                              That's why I ignore the MSM.
                              Originally posted by SilverTauron
                              Considering the facts of how easily safes can be defeated, a park bench offers the same amount of protection.
                              Originally posted by loose_electron
                              PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1