Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Outdoor Ranges Near LA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • *bryce*
    Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 409

    Outdoor Ranges Near LA

    Hey everyone,

    I was trying to use the wheretoshoot website but it won't work for me for some reason.

    I'm looking to get out and do some training. Coming from NV I am used to being able to not have to follow silly range rules like 1 shot every 2 seconds, so a non-tourist spot that is not heavily regulated would be heaven!

    What are the best outdoor shooting spots near the LA area? I am willing to travel as far as OC and possibly Ventura as I am close to Burbank.

    I need:
    pistols up to 25yds
    rifles up to 100yds with the chance to site in at 50 yards a new setup.

    Thanks in advance!
  • #2
    trigger945
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2012
    • 5795

    To name a few

    Angeles Shooting Range in Sylmar
    Oaktree Gun Club in Valencia
    Burrough Canyon in Azusa
    One Way to Post Pics ********** How to Submit an iTrader Rating That Counts ********** Brass for Sale

    AR's for Sale ********** Ammo for Sale ********** Accessories/Parts for Sale ********** Handguns for Sale

    Comment

    • #3
      nn21
      Member
      • Nov 2015
      • 122

      If you're up for a little bit of a drive, still sub hour from Burbank, you could do desert marksmen. It's something sweet like 60 bucks a year, 650/kinda 1000 yard rifle range, formal and action pistol ranges, 24 hour access. Basically is up the 14/angeles forest or up angeles crest/forest depending where youre coming from.

      No rapid fire restriction. They even specifically allow FA.
      Last edited by nn21; 01-20-2019, 3:53 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        hermosabeach
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19828

        Some places have private ranges you can rent.

        It is a nice way to go

        You are your own RO
        Set up your own targets
        Run your own drills

        I think both burro canyon and ASR have rental ranges
        Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

        Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

        Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

        Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
        (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

        Comment

        • #5
          edgerly779
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 19871

          ^^ Only option on ranges. None of the ranges posted here will allow rapid fire. Hodge road near victorvlle.
          Nowhere in la county in national forest. blm only option. Jawbone canyon.

          Comment

          • #6
            Tree Cutter
            Member
            • Jul 2016
            • 133

            A Place to Shoot

            Comment

            • #7
              RiskyBusiness
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2017
              • 2150

              Burro offers private ranges up to 100yds. You do what you want on that range except shoot at steel.
              https://imgur.com/a/yO4kS

              Comment

              • #8
                TrailerparkTrash
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 4249

                Public ranges SSSSSUCK! Go to the desert out in nowhere. North of Barstow is perfect since you said you’re willing to drive. Out there, anything goes, it’s free, nobody else around you and you can shoot for 24hrs with all the “rapid fire” you need. Or until you run out of ammo and targets.

                ...just kindly pack out your trash with you when you’re finished. We don’t want to give us target shooters any more of a bad name in the media.
                sigpic

                It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

                -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

                Comment

                • #9
                  n8vrmind
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2017
                  • 1484

                  Originally posted by trigger945
                  To name a few



                  Angeles Shooting Range in Sylmar

                  Oaktree Gun Club in Valencia

                  Burrough Canyon in Azusa
                  Angles shooting range is good for rifle.

                  Oaktree is better for pistols and shotgun. Its rifle range is a bit small and run down.

                  If you want to do rapid fire, probably best to join a private club.

                  Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    *bryce*
                    Member
                    • Dec 2015
                    • 409

                    Thanks for the replies so far guys.

                    Desert Marksmen seems interesting even though it is so far. It seems like more of what I am used to in NV.

                    Angeles seems okay, although I wish they had a closer rifle target for sighting in at 50yds with an AR.

                    I see a lot of recommendations for private ranges. I'd love a closer place like Angeles that allows drills to be set up. Which places would allow something like that?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Neil McCauley
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 13676

                      North of Barstow is nice but so faaar
                      A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"
                      Robert Deniro

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kmas
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2014
                        • 1315

                        Originally posted by *bryce*
                        Hey everyone,

                        I was trying to use the wheretoshoot website but it won't work for me for some reason.

                        I'm looking to get out and do some training. Coming from NV I am used to being able to not have to follow silly range rules like 1 shot every 2 seconds, so a non-tourist spot that is not heavily regulated would be heaven!

                        What are the best outdoor shooting spots near the LA area? I am willing to travel as far as OC and possibly Ventura as I am close to Burbank.

                        I need:
                        pistols up to 25yds
                        rifles up to 100yds with the chance to site in at 50 yards a new setup.

                        Thanks in advance!
                        Angeles, whcih is in Sylmar

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ja308
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 12660

                          "A place to shoot" in Santa Clarita has a decent rifle range and you can set up paper at 50 yards.

                          IIRC members can use private ranges and do whatever drills you want. Bryce that might be the best bet for what you are looking for.
                          ,
                          Last edited by ja308; 01-21-2019, 6:13 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            nn21
                            Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • 122

                            Originally posted by *bryce*
                            Thanks for the replies so far guys.

                            Desert Marksmen seems interesting even though it is so far. It seems like more of what I am used to in NV.
                            The nicest part about it, and why I'm a member when its half the state away from me, is how affordable it is. 60 bucks for a year of unlimited access basically pays for itself after 4 visits and it's private. If you watch some of Jonathan Ocab's (jocab or ocabj(?) on here) videos, you can time your arrival so you have the range completely to yourself.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              maxima
                              Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 418

                              Originally posted by *bryce*
                              Hey everyone,

                              I was trying to use the wheretoshoot website but it won't work for me for some reason.

                              I'm looking to get out and do some training. Coming from NV I am used to being able to not have to follow silly range rules like 1 shot every 2 seconds, so a non-tourist spot that is not heavily regulated would be heaven!

                              What are the best outdoor shooting spots near the LA area? I am willing to travel as far as OC and possibly Ventura as I am close to Burbank.

                              I need:
                              pistols up to 25yds
                              rifles up to 100yds with the chance to site in at 50 yards a new setup.

                              Thanks in advance!
                              Angeles Shooting Range in Sylmar is the best to suit your needs, and it is the best outdoor range in L.A. area, IMHO.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1