Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mother's day gun 'buy back'

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smle-man
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2007
    • 10606

    Mother's day gun 'buy back'

    I see that there is a gun 'buy back' planned in L.A. for Mother's day weekend. According to the article in the Daily News the city is paying $100 for a handgun and $200 for a long arm 'depending on what it would bring on the street'. I wonder if I can trade in my 60s vintage Mossberg .22, get a $200 Visa gift card and then go buy a better .22? How cool would that be?
  • #2
    vormav
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 366

    if i had the money onhand i'd love to go down there and offer people like 20 or 50 more than the buyback people to buy their guns instead of them turning them in, then just head over to the closest ffl and get it started. your plan works nicely too, if they in fact give you the full 200 for it :P

    Comment

    • #3
      smle-man
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2007
      • 10606

      Originally posted by vormav
      if i had the money onhand i'd love to go down there and offer people like 20 or 50 more than the buyback people to buy their guns instead of them turning them in, then just head over to the closest ffl and get it started. your plan works nicely too, if they in fact give you the full 200 for it :P
      I might have to tart it up with some sort of evil looking feature, like spray painting it black - that would set off the gun confiscator's evil meter for sure. It might be fun to go to one of these things, stand in line, go up to the table, hear their pitch and then say, 'Naa, I'll keep it, my rights are worth more than your Visa gift card.'
      Last edited by smle-man; 04-10-2009, 8:32 AM.

      Comment

      • #4
        zachary2287
        Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 162

        I would love to stand outside and offer everybody a little bit extra money in cash, rather than the grocery store gift cards they're handing out, and then go do a PPT for several of the guns.

        I think I may really upset some antis if I were to do that though.
        Campaign For Liberty

        NRA Member

        WTB:
        Ruger 10/22
        .22 Revolver
        Double Barreled 20 Ga.
        C&R SKS
        C&R Single Shot Bolt Action .22

        Comment

        • #5
          allenst65
          Member
          • Nov 2005
          • 343

          Originally posted by smle-man
          I wonder if I can trade in my 60s vintage Mossberg .22, get a $200 Visa gift card and then go buy a better .22? How cool would that be?
          Not cool at all. Why would you want to help Villaraigosa and Delgadillo in their media circus ?

          Discussed here:

          Comment

          • #6
            Midian
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 1540

            Once again, selling the serfs on the idea of disarmament.

            Ask the Brits how they're digging it.
            The Answer To 1984 Is 1776
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            The free people of the world are at war with an insidious enemy:
            a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
            and feast on its corpse.

            Comment

            • #7
              Dark&Good
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 2106

              Yeah, don't contribute to "their" statistics, please...
              "I don't know where you came from, and I don't know where you've gone
              Old friends become old strangers between darkness and the dawn..."

              Ben Harper

              "It's a free country... or, at least, it will be."
              - The Patriot -

              Comment

              • #8
                Capt. Speirs
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1232

                Originally posted by zachary2287
                I would love to stand outside and offer everybody a little bit extra money in cash, rather than the grocery store gift cards they're handing out, and then go do a PPT for several of the guns.

                I think I may really upset some antis if I were to do that though.
                Any you care why?
                _____________________________________________
                South Coast Outdoorsman
                2736 E Chapman Ave
                Orange CA 92869
                714-532-4867
                T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
                _____________________________________________

                Comment

                • #9
                  smle-man
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 10606

                  Originally posted by allenst65
                  Not cool at all. Why would you want to help Villaraigosa and Delgadillo in their media circus ?

                  Discussed here:

                  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=171695
                  Having the idiots buy me a nicer .22 rifle would be cool. Getting it on TV or in the newspaper would be even better.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    AlexBreya
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 953

                    Every time i see these events in the news, there are guns pictured that are worth far more than $200.

                    You can't really offer these people more money to buy it, unless you want to go to jail for buying a stolen gun...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      allenst65
                      Member
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 343

                      Originally posted by smle-man
                      Having the idiots buy me a nicer .22 rifle would be cool. Getting it on TV or in the newspaper would be even better.
                      Good luck with that. Let me know what kind of cool .22 you'll get at Ralphs.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jon Se
                        Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 269

                        Originally posted by allenst65
                        Good luck with that. Let me know what kind of cool .22 you'll get at Ralphs.
                        VISA giftcard works anywhere VISA is accepted... Ralphs, Walmart, your local neighborhood gunshop... Got one a while back from a cell-phone rebate.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          GrayWolf09
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 1619

                          I am not sure what the big deal is. Some people simply should not have guns! We have all met people like that at the range. Heck, I would pay some of them to never ever own a gun again.

                          Other than a knee jerk reaction to less guns, enlighten me please.
                          http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...lf09/18829.jpg http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...lf09/index.jpg

                          Those who are afraid of the truth always seek to suppress it!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigEd925
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Sep 2008
                            • 1164

                            Honestly the few extra $$ are not worth it. Keep your gun and more importantly keep your rights. It is sad to see so many guns destroyed!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              BigDogatPlay
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 7362

                              Originally posted by AlexBreya
                              Every time i see these events in the news, there are guns pictured that are worth far more than $200.

                              You can't really offer these people more money to buy it, unless you want to go to jail for buying a stolen gun...
                              And that is, of course, a certain percentage of what comes in at these dog and pony shows. Now the better question is whether or not the LAPD gun unit (or whomever is running the circus) actually attempts to return recovered stolen property to the rightful owners. My guess is that they don't and everything goes to the smelter to be made into re-bar.

                              Might be an interesting point to FOIA.
                              -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                              Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                              Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1