If picking up a stripped lower by law do i need a gun lock for it before i leave?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gun lock
Collapse
X
-
I have a lower in 10-day jail now. They said be prepared to give them the model of the gun safe it will be stored in when I come back for pickup, or they will require me to purchase a lock. They said bringing in my own lock was not an option. I can't confirm whether this is law or store policy though.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkComment
-
Safe affidavit should be OK, although some cities have more restrictive laws. For example, Livermore requires a lock be included with every long gun sale, including stripped lowers.my Benitez goes to 11Comment
-
A lock must be purchased with every gun bought in Cali if not included from manufacturer. A safe affadavit only works toward a long gun. A cable lock can be purchased from a different retailer as long as it is within a thirty day window of pickup with the receipt.Comment
-
I'm sorry, but that's redonculous. You have to buy a new lock for every gun, or furnish your safe's model #? Yeah no, you're not getting my address and my safe make and model number."I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones.". A. EinsteinComment
-
Comment regarding "SAFE AFFIDAVIT" is absolutely incorrect. And is common FUD pimped by unscrupulous FFLs in order to up their sales of cheap chinese locks.Comment
-
If you already have an approved lock you can sell it to a friend for $1 and them buy it back from him (or her) for $1. You need a dated bill of sale for the transaction that is dated within the last 30 days.



Comment
-
Well, no it's not wrong, in the totality of circumstances.
The safe affidavit works for all guns, per California law.
Federal law, OTOH, requires a safety device for all handguns, and by law a safe qualifies, but our friendly BATFE will not accept the CA safe affidavit, nor have they created their own way to document a safe.
So, 'safe affidavit works only for long guns' is a fair summary of the net effect.ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!Comment
-
When I picked up my Glock they did require a cable lock which they actually just gave me for free.
When I picked up my AR I did not need a lock but did have to tell them what safe I had and filled out the safe affidavit.
I thought the cable lock was only for pistols. Regardless when I take my AR to the range I still keep locks on my case.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkComment
-
Well, no it's not wrong, in the totality of circumstances.
The safe affidavit works for all guns, per California law.
Federal law, OTOH, requires a safety device for all handguns, and by law a safe qualifies, but our friendly BATFE will not accept the CA safe affidavit, nor have they created their own way to document a safe.
So, 'safe affidavit works only for long guns' is a fair summary of the net effect.Sherpa1 made no mention of a "totality of circumstances" or Federal CSLA 2005. He specifically referenced "every gun bought in Cali".Originally Posted by Sherpa1 View Post
A lock must be purchased with every gun bought in Cali if not included from manufacturer. A safe affadavit only works toward a long gun. A cable lock can be purchased from a different retailer as long as it is within a thirty day window of pickup with the receipt.Comment
-
And you earlier complained about the safe affidavit reference: , thus my response.ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,578
Posts: 25,149,430
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 35630 users online. 60 members and 35570 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment