I haven't heard anything back after submitting the form a year ago. The check has been cashed. Was I supposed to get something back indicating that they received the registration?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New Resident Registration and $19 fee
Collapse
X
-
They are a Little SLOW--- I gave my daughter a S&W snubby that she wanted, which she promptly sent in the paperwork & registered in her name.. 6 months later she wanted to trade me for another pistol, which we did.. When I sent in the paperwork & check, they cashed my check and 3 months later informed me the gun was always in my name & they did not need to transfer it.. They KEPT my money though! LOLComment
-
ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page
Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!Comment
-
They are a Little SLOW--- I gave my daughter a S&W snubby that she wanted, which she promptly sent in the paperwork & registered in her name.. 6 months later she wanted to trade me for another pistol, which we did.. When I sent in the paperwork & check, they cashed my check and 3 months later informed me the gun was always in my name & they did not need to transfer it.. They KEPT my money though! LOL
lolComment
-
No. Not even kinda.
If you move into Calif with guns, you must register your guns with the state within 30 or 60 days(not sure on grace period). That is not optional.
No one will know if you did not. Well, not until something happens. Then you are knee deep in doo doo and lawyer fees.
Long time Residents with guns purchased before registration laws are a different story.Comment
-
New residents are required to declare and register ALL firearms... handguns or long guns, within 60 days of moving into California.
A California resident with a handgun that was transferred to them prior to 1991 or a long gun transferred to them prior to 2014 is in legal possession of an unregistered firearm.
Any handgun transferred after 1991 must be registered at the time of transfer.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
-
Average response time is 4 months, after they cash your payment, for a CA DOJ acknowledgement letter to show up in the mail to the address listed on the form.sigpic
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).Comment
-
Unfortunately I moved exactly 95 days after the check cleared and it took me 5 days to remember to forward the mail. That's probably why I don't have their reply - it was lost in the shuffle. Aside from the cashed $19 check, do you know of a different way I can get confirmation of the registration?Comment
-
Yeah, CA DOJ letters typically do not get forwarded.Unfortunately I moved exactly 95 days after the check cleared and it took me 5 days to remember to forward the mail. That's probably why I don't have their reply - it was lost in the shuffle. Aside from the cashed $19 check, do you know of a different way I can get confirmation of the registration?
So, if the address on the submitted form is no longer valid, then they would have no where to send a letter to.
Just so you are aware, when you submitted your new resident form, you complied with all that is required by CA laws.
Having an CA DOJ acknowledgement letter is not required by law.
But, if you want a list of what is registered to you, you can submit a completed Automated Firearms System Request for Firearm Records (BOF 053) to CA DOJ BOF.
Within 4-64 weeks, CA DOJ BOF will mail back a list of every firearm registered to you in AFS.sigpic
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).Comment
-
I appreciate the information and the link. Thank you.Yeah, CA DOJ letters typically do not get forwarded.
So, if the address on the submitted form is no longer valid, then they would have no where to send a letter to.
Just so you are aware, when you submitted your new resident form, you complied with all that is required by CA laws.
Having an CA DOJ acknowledgement letter is not required by law.
But, if you want a list of what is registered to you, you can submit a completed Automated Firearms System Request for Firearm Records (BOF 053) to CA DOJ BOF.
Within 4-64 weeks, CA DOJ BOF will mail back a list of every firearm registered to you in AFS.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,538
Posts: 25,148,805
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18604 users online. 80 members and 18524 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment