Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seeking a nice .22 revolver for target....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dirtystranger
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2017
    • 78

    Seeking a nice .22 revolver for target....

    I know the S&W Model 18 is highly regarded. The Colt Diamondback looks nice (and I do favor Colts,) but is very expensive. Is there much difference between the two?

    Or should stop fooling around looking at these museum pieces and go w/ one those new Rugers w/ the "non-stacking" trigger? It would save me some money, but they are some ugly-*** revolvers.


    Feel free to opine...
  • #2
    G-forceJunkie
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 6478

    I went with the S&W 617.

    Comment

    • #3
      SomeGuy75
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2015
      • 1405

      A buddy of mine has a Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 revolver. It’s a nice little stainless 4” and it’s on roster. You can get them for less than $400. It shoots well and has a decent trigger. For some reason, these days .22 revolvers cost more than .357 and .44. And there are only a few on the stupid roster.

      Comment

      • #4
        dirtystranger
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2017
        • 78

        Thanks guys. I will take a look at both of those.

        Comment

        • #5
          shafferds
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 1970

          S&W 617

          Comment

          • #6
            TrailerparkTrash
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 4249

            If you can find one..... I have a beautiful Colt SAA “New Frontier” in 22L with the .22 mag conversion cylinder. It’s awesome and I know my son will enjoy it as much as I do one day too.
            Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 11-30-2018, 1:52 AM.
            sigpic

            It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

            -ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

            Comment

            • #7
              nickel plate
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 2134

              My wife recently bought a Ruger SP101 eight shot and it needed trigger stoning and Wolff springs right out of the box-truly a lawyered trigger pull, I believe around sixteen lbs. or heavier and yes, I understand that the hammer drop must be stronger on a .22 in order to contend with the rim fire case in lieu of a thinner centerfire primer.
              Much better now, she's put six different brands of ammunition through it from Remington Golden Bullets to CCI Mini Mags and they all went bang.
              She's starting to make a dent in my 16000 round stash!

              Comment

              • #8
                strakill
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 1484

                What's wrong with the Ruger single six?
                Originally posted by superhondaz50
                I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
                Originally posted by beerman
                ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ShooterDK
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 11967

                  Another vote for the S&W 617. 10 shots of pure fun!
                  Dave

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    TI-Tick
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 195

                    Ditto Ruger w/ 22 lr and 22 mag cylinders

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Preston-CLB
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2018
                      • 4336

                      Originally posted by strakill
                      What's wrong with the Ruger single six?
                      I fired a friend's a couple of weeks ago using 22 mag. 6-1/2" barrel, blued w/walnut grips. Nice crisp break, and super accurate.

                      I am seriously considering buying one.
                      -P
                      ? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        plumbum
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2010
                        • 5394

                        I vote for the Single Six.

                        Don’t forget the Bearcat with adjustable sights, those are so handy (and cute!)
                        Originally posted by ysr_racer
                        Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tango_Down
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2017
                          • 1175



                          Comment

                          • #14
                            strakill
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 1484

                            Originally posted by Preston-CLB
                            I fired a friend's a couple of weeks ago using 22 mag. 6-1/2" barrel, blued w/walnut grips. Nice crisp break, and super accurate.

                            I am seriously considering buying one.
                            -P
                            You really should get one. They are wonderful little shooters.
                            Originally posted by superhondaz50
                            I should note, I have a hookup..., just trying to determine the cost to put it in.
                            Originally posted by beerman
                            ...He comes out while I'm at work to **** the wife..I shall name him Sancho.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              cannon
                              In Memoriam
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 8589

                              I picked up a Ruger Single Six with a 7 ish inch barrel with adjustable sights.

                              Used to use it to shoot clay birds on the 100 yard line.

                              This was before I geezered and my eyes went poopy.
                              ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1