Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Savage Axis replacement stocks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CVShooter
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2017
    • 1234

    Savage Axis replacement stocks

    I don't shoot my Savage Axis .223 very much and have been considering making it more usable for my young kids to shoot. My oldest (age 9) shoots it very well. But the standard sized stock & 22" barrel is unwieldy for him to carry in the field or even on the range. The long LOP for him means he can only shoot from a rested position. Are there simple factory replacement stocks that I can just drop it in? Is it possible to just chop it down a couple inches somehow & replace the but pad? A stock from Boyd's seems like an easy option but pretty excessive at $150 for a $300 rifle (I'd rather just buy him his own rifle at that point). Any ideas to make an Axis youth-sized?
  • #2
    plumbum
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2010
    • 5394

    Boyd’s offers different LOP’s and are good quality.
    I plan on snagging one for my Stevens rifle with a 13” LOP.

    I mean you COULD go the hacksaw route, and even reuse the buttpad if you reshape it down. Those plastic stocks are already pretty ugly, so it can’t get much worse

    I’d follow Numrich for sales, they often have spares and odds-n-ends, a good deal could pop up and you’d still have your factory stock if you screw up.
    Last edited by plumbum; 11-29-2018, 9:22 PM.
    Originally posted by ysr_racer
    Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

    Comment

    • #3
      brohymn
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2014
      • 509

      I am replacing my Savage Axis hardwood stock with an aftermarket Boyd's. I'll be putting it up on the Marketplace when I make the switch and will prob list it for $100 shipped if you're interested. Still the same LOP as your stock I imagine, but the stock is at least OEM and wood - if you go the hacksaw route. PM me if interested

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1