Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

History of the M-16

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Centurion_D
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1983

    History of the M-16

    is on the history channel @ 8 pm tonight. Don't miss it.
  • #2
    gcvt
    Orlando, Florida
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2008
    • 13924

    Watching now.
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    I want to be Princess Anastasia today because I feel pretty
    Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
    Kes is really just an errand boy
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

    Comment

    • #3
      bohoki
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 20826

      yea i thought it would be about the m16 seems to be about the north hollywood shootout

      Comment

      • #4
        gcvt
        Orlando, Florida
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2008
        • 13924

        Looks like that was just the intro. Going to commercial, it sounded like they're getting into the M-16 when they come back.
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        I want to be Princess Anastasia today because I feel pretty
        Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
        Kes is really just an errand boy
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

        Comment

        • #5
          copenhagen269
          Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 341

          Ahhh! I missed the beginning, oh well it's on again @ 12:00

          Comment

          • #6
            Centurion_D
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 1983

            The series is called High Impact. I've never seen it before. I'm wondering if it's a new series. I believe this series is all about firearms because the intro showed nothing but guns.

            Comment

            • #7
              f4iguy
              Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 183

              Haha. I'm DVR 'n it right now

              Comment

              • #8
                bohoki
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 20826

                man i miss mail call

                Comment

                • #9
                  A324
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 1041

                  arrgh..Don't have the History Channel anymore, I really miss it. Too bad I can't Hulu it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kermit315
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 5931

                    I was watching history, and only saw Battle BC? whats up with that?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CmpsdNoMore
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 1699

                      So far it isn't anything too special. Besides for the archived footage, it looks pretty nice in HD.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        vf111
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 2741

                        The show made a big deal in the first 15 minutes about how the piston gas system on an AK47 and M14 increases recoil and then at the end of the show made a big deal about how great the HK416's piston system was! And wasn't it the US Air Force that first deployed the M16 in Vitenam and NOT the US Army?? Overall I give the show a C- strictly on the battle footage.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bohoki
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 20826

                          Originally posted by vf111
                          The show made a big deal in the first 15 minutes about how the piston gas system on an AK47 and M14 increases recoil and then at the end of the show made a big deal about how great the HK416's piston system was! And wasn't it the US Air Force that first deployed the M16 in Vitenam and NOT the US Army?? Overall I give the show a C- strictly on the battle footage.
                          i know then they tell about how light weight it is then they talk about heavy barrels and never tell you the weight of the erector set models

                          also is all it takes to be a gun expert is to have a creepy mustache ?


                          poop i just realized i missed terminator
                          Last edited by bohoki; 04-03-2009, 9:36 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Knight
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1723

                            If you want he real history of the M16/AR15, I would highly recommend picking up a book on the subject. The TV shows, particularly Tales of the Gun, while entertaining, gloss over, or miss entirely, a lot of information.

                            On the history of the M16, I would recommend The Complete AR-15/M16 Sourcebook: What Every Shooter Needs to Know, by Duncan Long. Another great book, if you can find it, is The Great Rifle Controversy: Search for the Ultimate Infantry Weapon from World War II Through Vietnam and Beyond, by Edward Clinton Ezell. Chapter 7 of this book is entirely dedicated to the early years of the AR15/M16.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sgtbuck
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 604

                              Originally posted by bohoki
                              man i miss mail call
                              Me to!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1