Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Breaking Down The US Army’s Sub Compact Weapon Program

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gryff
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    Interesting, I rented a CZ Scorpion and thought it was a hot load of garbage.

    Which is odd because I'm a CZ fanboy.
    I was shocked by how much recoil impulse there was. I have the MPX, and I realized what jewel it was after firing the Scorpion.

    Leave a comment:


  • GW
    replied
    The sub-machinegun rises again. Truly, what goes around, comes around

    Leave a comment:


  • BajaJames83
    replied
    I love my MPX.
    Also the MPX is more wxpnsove tjan a Cz or AR 9 conversion there is a good reason for it. it is not blow back operated which makes it almost as smooth as the roller blow back of the mp5 this is big when it comes to rapid fire or burst
    300bo while interesting still gives you a heavier and larger package than a PCC.
    Last edited by BajaJames83; 07-01-2018, 12:04 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    Scratch, they tried, but ran into a host of issues.

    Reliability suffered, was still loud as all get out with a supressor, terminal balistics went to poop

    A 5.56 out an 8 inch barrel is close to .22 win mag or 5.7 FN.

    As much as I gave .300 AAC criticism as a,cartridge for California's it seemed to be filling the supressed SBR gap nicely.

    I think going to a pistol caliber is a major step backwards.
    Its what a lot of other military, police forces, etc are using. if it wasn't a market for it then it would be dead. Its great for CCW and concealment type work. A 300 blk aint meant to be that.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChuckDizzle
    replied
    Scratch, they tried, but ran into a host of issues.

    Reliability suffered, was still loud as all get out with a supressor, terminal balistics went to poop

    A 5.56 out an 8 inch barrel is close to .22 win mag or 5.7 FN.

    As much as I gave .300 AAC criticism as a,cartridge for California's it seemed to be filling the supressed SBR gap nicely.

    I think going to a pistol caliber is a major step backwards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Scratch705
    replied
    why doesn't the army just adopt those shorty AR's with the 8-10in uppers? this way, they can continue to use 556, and soldiers don't have to retrain manual of arms.

    i mean with the new folding AR stock, and a 8in barreled upper, that would be nearly the same size as most of these PDW but offer much better range and penetration.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    I guess I have become a snob. It starts one day on a holiday G2S sale, then before you know it you've got Super Duper Dynamic Enhanced thingies and you're actually adjusting those adjustable bolt gun triggers.

    I hadn't thought about the .mil auto version. Good point on that.

    I totally blame Giselle for this movement. I was fine with milspec till I got one of they good ones. Then apex....

    Originally posted by SAD338
    Big Army looking for a reason to spend money again.
    Repub Pres, so they got a few extra dollars.

    Leave a comment:


  • SAD338
    replied
    Big Army looking for a reason to spend money again.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChuckDizzle
    replied
    I guess I have become a snob. It starts one day on a holiday G2S sale, then before you know it you've got Super Duper Dynamic Enhanced thingies and you're actually adjusting those adjustable bolt gun triggers.

    I hadn't thought about the .mil auto version. Good point on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimi Jah
    What's wrong with a 1911? It won two world wars.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    Mlevans66, I think it mainly had to do with the trigger. It felt like a bad version of a striker fired pistol, like Sigma bad. I'm used to Geissele triggers in my rifles, and I've pulled plenty of nice triggers on CZ pistols and the triggers on my 455 and 527 are outstanding.

    Something about the shape made recoil management an issue for me. It recoiled a lot for a PCC, and had the sideways jump, annoying considering how easy it is for me to manage an AR of similar size and weight with 5.56.
    Oh ok yeah.... you are like me... a trigger snob. Now that a very American thing and yes it is super heavy. I do believe its like that to safety reasons when using it on full auto.

    Leave a comment:


  • ChuckDizzle
    replied
    Mlevans66, I think it mainly had to do with the trigger. It felt like a bad version of a striker fired pistol, like Sigma bad. I'm used to Geissele triggers in my rifles, and I've pulled plenty of nice triggers on CZ pistols and the triggers on my 455 and 527 are outstanding.

    Something about the shape made recoil management an issue for me. It recoiled a lot for a PCC, and had the sideways jump, annoying considering how easy it is for me to manage an AR of similar size and weight with 5.56.

    Leave a comment:


  • sigstroker
    replied
    Originally posted by mlevans66
    He gave a reason why they are not picking the 300 blkout. Its not a caliber they are looking for or want to add.
    No ****. That's why I said they should rethink it. They probably assumed they would have to settle for 9mm without even thinking very hard about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jimi Jah
    replied
    What's wrong with a 1911? It won two world wars.

    Leave a comment:


  • mlevans66
    replied
    Originally posted by ChuckDizzle
    Interesting, I rented a CZ Scorpion and thought it was a hot load of garbage.

    Which is odd because I'm a CZ fanboy.
    I'm interesting to know why you feel that way.

    Originally posted by mach
    I think the MP7 is awesome but the caliber sucks ***. IMO Sig or HK will get it. However, I cannot wait to get my CZ Scorpion S2 Micro that I have backordered. Kinda a dream gun.
    I may turn my scorpion into a mico in the future.

    Originally posted by Scratch705
    whoops, didn't read the part that the requirement is that the gun has to be in 9mm. i just assumed PDW, any caliber ok.

    then i'm surprised that KRISS didn't submit their vector.
    To big?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1