Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DROS question family transfer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Chewy65
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2013
    • 5090

    Originally posted by Cokebottle
    The paper trail would be clean, which, aside from this thread, provides the only evidence that could be used against either of them.
    There is no way to un-do the previous unlawful transfer.

    Personally, I would just PPT the thing myself rather than do another unlawful transfer.
    I respect Murphy's Law. What can go wrong will go wrong. While I doubt that the DOJ or anyone will discover what occurred, it could come to light at the worse possible time and when government is motivated to put the pressure on a person.

    I agree with you about doing the transfer in my name before dragging my family in. I wonder why the guy didn't simply file the OPLAW when he got the rifle?

    Comment

    • #17
      Cokebottle
      Seņor Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2009
      • 32373

      Originally posted by Chewy65
      I wonder why the guy didn't simply file the OPLAW when he got the rifle?
      As fast as CA gun laws change, he probably didn't realize he needed to do it.
      He got the gun in 2017 when he turned 18, was it 2014 or 2016 that Oplaw for long guns became a requirement? I don't even know and I generally stay up on these things, but typically only laws that would concern me... youngest will be 36 in July and resides in another state.
      - Rich

      Originally posted by dantodd
      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1