Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NRA convention Dallas 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ja308
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2009
    • 12660

    NRA convention Dallas 2018

    We just returned from our 1st NRA convention!

    It was wonderful! Great seminars,huge gun show and fantastic attendee's and guests!

    Did any other cal gunners attend the convention? Please post observations here.
    In the likely event I missed an existing thread, mods please move or delete !

    We cannot agree on the best elements as everything was so enjoyable. My 1st choice for fun was the Saturday evening concert which featured Charlie Daniels.
  • #2
    DaveInOroValley
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2010
    • 8968

    I did watch Trump's address, that was great. Did you attend that? The crowd sounded enthusiastic.
    NRA Life Member

    Vet since 1978

    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

    Comment

    • #3
      ja308
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2009
      • 12660

      Yes Dave we attended the convention but were unable to get tickets to the presidents address as it was sold out!
      Fortunately it was broadcast on large screens. Yes we have sore throats due to enthusiastic cheering for him and other speakers !

      Next April the convention will be in free state Indiana and we are already looking forward to it.

      As a side this convention had over 89 thousand NRA attendee's and brought in over 50 million dollars to the Dallas area .

      The convention is free to all NRA members .

      Comment

      • #4
        Lmo
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2018
        • 1192

        Oliver North ?!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          OCEquestrian
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2017
          • 6905

          So I am curious, were legal CCW license holders able to carry at the convention or not?

          I understand and agree with the prohibition against any weapons in the presence of a US President but other than that............?
          "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

          Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

          NRA life member
          SAF life member
          CRPA member

          Comment

          • #6
            ja308
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Nov 2009
            • 12660

            Originally posted by Lmo
            Oliver North ?!
            Col North did a nice speech at the sun prayer breakfast.
            He will do a good job for the NRA !

            OC, Yes I did see some open carry and assume there were CCW too. I didn't see metal detectors or searches being conducted.
            I think during the presidents visit arms were restricted. Since it was known ahead of time, we didn't carry that day!

            Those who had knives, turned them over to the knife rights people who would hold them during that event until our President/VP left the facility.
            Last edited by ja308; 05-08-2018, 11:53 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Barang
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2013
              • 13409

              The secret service doesn't allow it in the presence of the President.

              Comment

              • #8
                OCEquestrian
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2017
                • 6905

                Originally posted by Barang
                The secret service doesn't allow it in the presence of the President.
                You should re read my original post...

                Originally posted by OCEquestrian
                So I am curious, were legal CCW license holders able to carry at the convention or not?

                I understand and agree with the prohibition against any weapons in the presence of a US President but other than that............?
                "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." ----Sen. Barry Goldwater

                Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

                NRA life member
                SAF life member
                CRPA member

                Comment

                • #9
                  Barang
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2013
                  • 13409

                  Originally posted by OCEquestrian
                  You should re read my original post...
                  I did but I pretend not to see it so that the rest would think I'm smart.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1