Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Could this cause accuracy and consistency issues in an AR10?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • old11bravo
    Member
    • Jan 2014
    • 296

    Could this cause accuracy and consistency issues in an AR10?

    QUESTIONS.....?
  • #2
    baih777
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2011
    • 5680

    That's normal.
    Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
    I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
    I'm Back.

    Comment

    • #3
      baih777
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2011
      • 5680

      What ammo have you tried?
      Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
      I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
      I'm Back.

      Comment

      • #4
        97F1504RAD
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2008
        • 6319

        Why are you not using a crush washer like normal or shims? Did that comp come with the jamb nut or did you just decided to do that?

        Also what ammo have you been shooting and what kind of groups are u getting?

        It also appears from your pictures that the crown on the barrel has some pretty severe crud on it.

        Comment

        • #5
          PyroFox79
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2603

          Its ruined. Send everything to me for disposal
          USMC '05-'09 - 2111 - Keeper Of The Cold Steel

          To be American is to disobey.

          Comment

          • #6
            Dark Hunt
            Member
            • Sep 2016
            • 420

            The carbon on the brake's threads doesn't matter, it's a lot larger in diameter than the bore.
            NRA Endowment Life Member

            Comment

            • #7
              TurboS600
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2009
              • 1121

              Nothing on the threads could have caused your problems. The diameter of those is so much larger than the threads that there's no way they could cause any deflection of the round. HOWEVER, as 97F150 said there is some severe crud on the crown of the barrel. It also appears that some of that crud may even be inside the lands and grooves at the end of the barrel itself. I'd try cleaning the crap out of the end of that barrel and then go with your new trial of whatever it is your going to replace the brake with. Good luck.
              sigpic

              Originally posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp
              Where can I get a pair..?
              Originally posted by ViPER395
              I like it colored
              Originally posted by SquidBilly
              I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.

              Comment

              • #8
                97F1504RAD
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2008
                • 6319

                One more thing and I am not sure if it is just the pictures or if I am actually seeing something inside the brake, but the image that shows down inside the brake appears as though maybe something has been hitting that inner edge where the threads end and the hole begins.

                And for the record, I have a Mega .308 Barrel myself and it is a great shooter. And the fact that u said it began shooting good and got worse leads us to the things we speak about in here.

                If your going to reuse that brake make sure you install it correctly with a crush washer, but you need to start with cleaning that crown and inside the barrel like Turbo said.

                Can you tell us what ammo you are using and what kind of groups you are getting.

                Comment

                • #9
                  sigstroker
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 19897

                  Shoot it without the brake and see how it does.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ZombieLivesMatter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2016
                    • 2533

                    What ammo are you using? When I had a AR10, the ammo really mattered, when I used regular 308 I'd get random 2-5" groups at 100 yards. But when I used used Federal Gold Medal Match 308 ammo I always got 1"moa or better at 100 yards.
                    Originally posted by gwgn02
                    G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      17+1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 2847

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1