Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Grandson needs a nice 4X scope for 22lr bolt rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dano3467
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2013
    • 7381

    Grandson needs a nice 4X scope for 22lr bolt rifle

    Grandsons scope was damaged by Sportsmans Warehouse scope install guy.

    So now will do ourselves, but needing a nice little 4X scope. I thing he just shoots better with out issues from multi power scopes (parallax)

    Rifle has weaver mount milled into receiver. also he likes to shoot to 100yds

    Any recommendation under $150

    Thanks
  • #2
    Jimi Jah
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2014
    • 19236

    My wife has a $60 UTG 4x on her's. It's light, small and rather clear.

    Comment

    • #3
    • #4
      toiletfighter
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 3870

      Originally posted by TMB 1
      https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-ProStaf...70_&dpSrc=srch

      Nikon 3-9x40 ProStaff BDC $89.90 Just have him keep it on 4 power.
      Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God

      Comment

      • #5
        jimmykan
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 3103

        I like the Weaver Classic Rimfire 4x28mm.

        Fixed 4X magnification with thin crosshair reticle is enough scope to see and shoot golf balls at 100 yards.

        Comment

        • #6
          edgerly779
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2009
          • 19871

          Lots of good small ar 4 power scopes out there. I will look in bin if for the kid it will be cheap. PM me.

          Comment

          • #7
            Divernhunter
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2010
            • 8753

            I have put a number of Simmons scopes made for the 22RF on rifles for myself and friends. All have been happy.
            Remember the Parallax is different in scopes for 22RF than scopes for other cartridges. So I suggest you get a scope designed for a 22RF.
            A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
            NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
            SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

            Comment

            • #8
              1flhtk4me
              Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 323

              Originally posted by Divernhunter
              I have put a number of Simmons scopes made for the 22RF on rifles for myself and friends. All have been happy.
              Remember the Parallax is different in scopes for 22RF than scopes for other cartridges. So I suggest you get a scope designed for a 22RF.
              I also have a Simmons on my old Savage 22.
              Works great.

              Comment

              • #9
                Dano3467
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 7381

                Excuse the ignorance, but what does 22Rf stand for or do ?

                Comment

                • #10
                  Jimi Jah
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 19236

                  "Real Fast" as in supersonic ammo? Aguila makes the super maximum at 1750 fps. I have a Nikon 3x9 buckmaster, save yer $ it's POS. A $89 Bugbuster is way better.

                  Comment

                  • #11
                    TMB 1
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 7153

                    Originally posted by Dano3467
                    Excuse the ignorance, but what does 22Rf stand for or do ?
                    22 RimFire.
                    Last edited by TMB 1; 03-28-2018, 8:56 AM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      SMarquez
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 2216

                      Why is Sportsmans warehouse not replacing the scope?

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        Divernhunter
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2010
                        • 8753

                        Yes RF or rf or as I goofed and wrote Rf all means rimfire and has nothing to do with speed of bullet. I presume that post was a joke.
                        I am sorry and sometimes forget that some people(especially new to the sport) do not understand some of the terms or "firearm shorthand" that many/most of us who have been around awhile(or in my case a LONG while) are use to using.

                        Dano3467---Ignorance is just fine. It only means you do not know. An answer can cure that quite easy. Do not be afraid to ask questions and that was a sensible one. The 17HMR is another rimfire as are a number of other cartridges. IF you do not know the difference between "RF" and "Centerfire" is that the centerfire has the primer in the center of the base of the cartridge were the firing pin strikes. A RF cartridge has the priming compound in the rim of the cartridge and that is were the firing pin strikes. For all practical purposes the RF is not reloadable and the centerfire is.
                        Maybe more info than you wanted
                        A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                        NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                        SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          Whiterabbit
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 7597

                          Used leupold should cover $150. I put a rimfire 2-7 on my 22. If I wanted a fixed 4x I would also buy the leupold fixed 4.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            Strafer
                            Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 482

                            Nikon made a fixed 4x, and i have it on one of my 10/22s. It's a great scope, but I think discontinued. You may be able to find one used. Good luck.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1