Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Install this and legally compliant?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Squirly
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 674

    What was the reason for set screw since you already had this on hand? Thinking legal issues?


    Originally posted by AdidasCJ
    I ordered these, then went with the set screw mod.

    These did arrive and feel good in the hand. They look JUST like the OPs link but 1/3 of the cost. I did mock one up just to see, it appears to do what is says it does. Lock the mag catch and you must pop the upper to allow the mag to drop.
    CA/TX

    Comment

    • #17
      Ivan275
      Member
      • May 2013
      • 241

      Originally posted by Whiskey_Tango
      With all these devices that are based on replacing the bolt catch I wonder about their legality. The mag can still be removed by removing the roll pin (with a tool).
      Show me a "compliant" device what can't be remove without a tool, and I will show you a tool that will remove it.

      Comment

      • #18
        AdidasCJ
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1135

        Originally posted by Squirly
        What was the reason for set screw since you already had this on hand? Thinking legal issues?
        While waiting for the release lock that replaces the bolt catch to arrive, i discovered the set screw idea.

        I liked the set screw idea better as it still meets the 'open the upper' law shanangins, is cleaner, reversible and you DONT lose the function of the bolt catch as you would with the metal side mag lock replacement.

        I have a basic video i sent to friends thru text with the set screw... but not sure I can get it to post here...... Unless you wanna PM me your cell and I can send it over.
        Last edited by AdidasCJ; 03-12-2018, 7:39 PM.
        'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

        -Maggie Thatcher

        Comment

        • #19
          bohoki
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 20826

          Originally posted by Ivan275
          Show me a "compliant" device what can't be remove without a tool, and I will show you a tool that will remove it.
          they probably mean non destructive though

          Comment

          • #20
            NATEWA
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2012
            • 5977

            Comment

            • #21
              JDay
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 19393



              This is all you need.

              Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
              Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

              The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

              Comment

              • #22
                auffie.hk
                Member
                • Jul 2016
                • 131

                Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                Someone didn't think things through. I see a rifle without a fixed magazine as soon as the mag is dropped and the action closed without inserting a magazine prior to closing the action. So, it would be an AW if used as described in their video.
                I'm puzzled by your statement about "without inserting a magazine prior to closing the action." Is this a requirement in the definition of a "fixed magazine"?

                PC 30515(b):
                It says only "cannot be removed without disassembly", but nothing about "cannot be inserted without disassembly". Or is it true that the moment you close the action without a magazine in it, the rifle becomes an assault weapon? Could you please elaborate?

                Thank you.
                auffie.hk
                Member CRPA and NRA

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1