Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

LAID OFF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wild_weasel
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 1257

    LAID OFF

    I was recently laid off and find it necessary to sell off the better part of my surplus collection to keep afloat. I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to go about this. I have an Inland M1 Carbine, No4Mk1 Enfield, No1Mk3 Wire Wrapped Enfield, M96/38 Swedish Mauser, to name a few, and tons of original accessories.
    sigpic
    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
  • #2
    Dr Rockso
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 3701

    Make a thread in the private sales section. If you don't know what things are worth try searching for similar items and comparing prices.

    Comment

    • #3
      maschronic
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 4388

      just make sure you write your location so we know where you are. i found it better to have it by your iTrader.
      I am offically a gun nut!!!!!

      Comment

      • #4
        AKman
        Senior Member
        • May 2007
        • 889

        What did you do for work? Maybe someone here can help you get another job instead of selling your collection. There are a lot of employers that post to this site.
        "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life." MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen on proposed UN Global Carbon Tax.

        Comment

        • #5
          Saigon1965
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 17278

          Don't sell a package - Sell them off one by one you'll get more for them - You can try and sell the accessories with the individual guns or sell them seperately for more - A guy might need a sling or something -

          Good luck to you -

          Comment

          • #6
            1859sharps
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 2261

            sorry to hear you lost your job. hope something comes along quick

            If your ok with it, post your skill set/what you do and maybe someone here might know a opening some where

            Comment

            • #7
              wild_weasel
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 1257

              Since these are C&R guns over 50 years old, are they cash and carry for private party transfers? Would it be worth while to take any to the upcoming show at the OC Far Grounds?
              sigpic
              Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

              Comment

              • #8
                Darklyte27
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2008
                • 9372

                welcome to the club...

                2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

                Chickens

                Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

                Comment

                • #9
                  wild_weasel
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 1257

                  Once I get my head sorted out I'll figure out pricing and post in the "FOR SALE" board. Not having a job really sucks!
                  sigpic
                  Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Darklyte27
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 9372

                    I ended up doing many things without work. sell things I dont need anymore, clean the house, ride my bike more, shoot my gunz, do things I wanted to do.

                    No matter how many jobs i applied for it wasnt going anywhere. Even retail jobs are on a hiring freeze.
                    2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

                    Chickens

                    Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wild_weasel
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 1257

                      Thanks Guys,

                      I was (am?) a Systems Engineer with extensive experience in satellite communications to private and commercial aircraft in flight.
                      sigpic
                      Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        grammaton76
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 9511

                        Originally posted by wild_weasel
                        Thanks Guys,

                        I was (am?) a Systems Engineer with extensive experience in satellite communications to private and commercial aircraft in flight.
                        Tried posting a resume to the Jobs board yet? We do have one now... just be careful to observe PERSEC and post a redacted version. You don't want your address out there, and name/phone number may be sketchy too.
                        Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Saigon1965
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 17278

                          If they are C&R - Then cash and carry is on -

                          Originally posted by wild_weasel
                          Since these are C&R guns over 50 years old, are they cash and carry for private party transfers? Would it be worth while to take any to the upcoming show at the OC Far Grounds?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            RogueSniper
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 3749

                            Did the company offer an employment counselor? Those outfits help with resume writing, interview techniques and sometimes job placements. Otherwise, hook up with a Temp Agency that specialized in your field. Also, try to find a Headhunter to "pimp" you out.

                            Using a employment search group is tax deductible.
                            I'm not having a glass of wine, I'm having SIX. It's called a tasting and it's classy.

                            Active Junky / Dvor
                            TARGET SPORT USA Prime Ammo referral - PM me

                            Stuff for sale:
                            Packer Stock (folding 10/22 stock)
                            Beretta Silver Pigeon SL2 Shotgun (Pump)
                            Kenwood Receiver

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              joe_mama
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 24

                              Head on over to dice.com and post your resume. Bar none, best online job resource for techies. The recruiters troll that site like mad. Be sure to be verbose with your skill-set as the recruiters use boolean searches for specific keywords.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1